After thanking her fans for their support on her current tour, Avril Lavigne debuted a video for “Goodbye.”
“Here it is my Little Black Stars! My special video to thank you for an amazing Goodbye Lullaby year! Love you guys! xo,” she writes on her Website.
Filmed in Los Angeles at the Chateau Marmont by her friend Mark Liddell, the video begins with Lavigne entering an empty apartment.
Dressed in a chic leopard print coat, the video follows Lavigne going through her suitcases to pick out the perfect outfit for the evening for someone who never shows up. The mostly black and white video demonstrates Lavigne’s more sensitive side as she is left alone on the floor crying at the end of the night.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Lavigne asserts that her latest release, Goodbye Lullaby was not a breakup album. The album was produced by her ex-husband, Deryck Whibley of Sum 41.
“Deryck is the most talented person I know. He produced, mixed, played guitar and bass,” she said. “I wouldn’t say it’s a breakup record. It’s about life. I went into it with a mind-set of not trying to write hits. People will make assumptions, but they’d be surprised what certain songs are about.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Really?!: Intern Anthony Says No Man Wants Their First Born To Be a Girl
- #OnTheList: Xtine Richie’s Newest Obsessions – Barns Courtney, Dermot Kennedy, Ryan McMullan
- Watch Charlie Puth’s Steamy New ‘Attention’ Video
- FM Magazine: City Harvest’s 23rd Annual Evening of Practical Magic
- Jennifer Lopez Opens Up About A-Rod on ‘Ellen’