Taylor Swift Discusses “The Lorax”
Today, Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax will be brought to life in theaters across the country. Starring Taylor Swift, Zac Efron, Betty White and Danny DeVito. The film follows 12-year-old Ted as he searches for a Truffula Tree — the only thing that will allow him to win the affection of the girl of his dreams.
Taylor Swift talked with MTV News about the differences between doing voice-over work and recording music:
“My favorite part about being a part of this movie is it was a completely different space that you go to in your head,” Swift said. “You’re in the studio, which I’ve done a lot. [But] it’s very different from when you’re singing songs that you wrote and you’re trying to access those emotions when you wrote the song. With this, you’re sitting there in a booth by yourself having conversations with no one.”
Swift explained how she recorded her parts separately from the other actors in the film. As a result, she had to come up with an idea on how characters within Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax would talk to her and respond and react to that.
She confessed that she related to her character, Audrey saying: “I loved her.”
“She’s heavenly. She’s such a day dreamer, and she cares so much about the past which makes her different from everybody else in the society she lives in,” she said. “To some degree, you have to have a priority based on the past and the future as well as the present.”
Watch the trailer!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Australians Constructing 68-Story Tower Dedicated to Beyoncé
- Stream ‘Nina Revisited… A Tribute to Nina Simone’ Featuring Lauryn Hill, Usher & More
- Can Women Be Beautiful and Funny? Hollywood Execs Still Not Sure
- Alison Brie Trying Salt N Pepa’s ‘Shoop’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Is the Whitest Thing: Watch
- Kanye West Is the Only Feature on the Weeknd’s New Album, Says Ed Sheeran