Nelly Furtado and K’Naan Ask “Is Anybody Out There?”
Nelly Furtado teams up with K’Naan on his new single, the uplifting “Is Anybody Out There?” The official video was released today. The song highlights the struggles of doing it on your own, while the video highlights the lives of two teenage outsiders who long to fit in.
In a behind the scenes interview Furtado says, “I was thrilled that he asked me to do it cos when he sent the song to me I just loved it immediately. I just think it’s a very hopeful and sweet, pure song about emotions everybody feels, you know, every day of their lives. You know we always want to feel like we’re part of something, like we’re not alone.”
K’Naan is a Somalian hip hop artist who learned English listening to albums by Nas and Rakim. He’s preformed in front of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees on behalf of Somali citizens, won a Juno award (the Canadian equivalent of a GRAMMY), and toured with artists from Jason Mraz to will.i.am.
- Courtney Smith CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Billboard Hot 100 Sets Record for Gridlock as ‘Happy’ Retains Top Spot
- 10 Women Who Should Headline Coachella In 2015
- Jay Z Is Bringing His Made in America Festival to the West Coast, While Still Keeping It In Philly
- Watch Taylor Swift Surprise a Fan at Her Bridal Shower
- Watch: Pharrell Cries As People Dance To “Happy”