Nelly Furtado teams up with K’Naan on his new single, the uplifting “Is Anybody Out There?” The official video was released today. The song highlights the struggles of doing it on your own, while the video highlights the lives of two teenage outsiders who long to fit in.
In a behind the scenes interview Furtado says, “I was thrilled that he asked me to do it cos when he sent the song to me I just loved it immediately. I just think it’s a very hopeful and sweet, pure song about emotions everybody feels, you know, every day of their lives. You know we always want to feel like we’re part of something, like we’re not alone.”
K’Naan is a Somalian hip hop artist who learned English listening to albums by Nas and Rakim. He’s preformed in front of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees on behalf of Somali citizens, won a Juno award (the Canadian equivalent of a GRAMMY), and toured with artists from Jason Mraz to will.i.am.
- Courtney Smith CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis and Justin Timberlake
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- R. Kelly Honors Nelson Mandela on ‘Arsenio Hall Show’
- Watch Daft Punk’s Video for ‘Instant Crush’ Featuring Julian Casablancas