Cee Lo Demo for Whitney Houston Surfaces
Imagine a world where Cee Lo and Whitney Houston collaborated. Unfortunately it is now impossible, but once it almost happened. Producer Waajeed, who was working with Houston on her 2009 album I Look To You, released Cee Lo’s vocal version of a demo track for Houston called “All Alone Now.”
Cee Lo wrote the track for the recently deceased diva in 2007. Waajeed commented,
“At the time she was going though her very public separation with Bobby Brown. [Cee Lo] wrote the words as if she was speaking directly to him. I wish I would’ve been able to hear her wonderful voice singing these words, but for now Cee-Lo [sic] will do.”
Waajeed alludes to RCA, Houston’s label under the direction of her longtime mentor Clive Davis, calling any- and everyone to send in tracks for the troubled star’s album. Ultimately the song did not make the cut to be included on I Look To You, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 as Houston’s first #1 album since The Bodyguard soundtrack.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Jay Z & Beyonce Outbid for L.A. Mansion By the Minecraft Guy
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts
- 7 Lawsuits Filed Against South by Southwest After Deadly Car Crash
- Are You Ready for Beyoncé’s Christmas Card?
- Amy Adams Hangs Some Mistletoe in Front of One Direction in ‘SNL’ Promo: Watch