“This is also “21’s” ninth consecutive week at No. 1 — the most in-a-row frames at No. 1 since the “Titanic” soundtrack racked 14-straight in 1998,” Billboard reports.
Released just over a year ago, 21 has sold 7.65 million copies in the U.S — an impressive feat for the young singer. The former Rolling Stone cover girl told the magazine of the inspiration behind her album. It’s no secret that many of the tracks were inspired by a break-up with her boyfriend.
“He was artistic, but not romantic,” she says. “We’d just bicker over a cup of tea or the fact that my lighter wasn’t working.” Nonetheless, Adele says, “He made me an adult and put me on the road that I’m traveling on.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- OneRepublic on Working with Peter Gabriel on ‘Oh My My’
- Lady Gaga’s Isolated ‘SNL’ Vocals Show She’s in a League of Her Own
- Nick Jonas Battle Raps Kevin Hart
- Amy Winehouse’s ‘Back to Black’ Turns Ten
- Miley Cyrus Dishes about Engagement Ring from Liam Hemsworth