Adele Continues Record Breaking Streak
“This is also “21’s” ninth consecutive week at No. 1 — the most in-a-row frames at No. 1 since the “Titanic” soundtrack racked 14-straight in 1998,” Billboard reports.
Released just over a year ago, 21 has sold 7.65 million copies in the U.S — an impressive feat for the young singer. The former Rolling Stone cover girl told the magazine of the inspiration behind her album. It’s no secret that many of the tracks were inspired by a break-up with her boyfriend.
“He was artistic, but not romantic,” she says. “We’d just bicker over a cup of tea or the fact that my lighter wasn’t working.” Nonetheless, Adele says, “He made me an adult and put me on the road that I’m traveling on.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono, Liam Neeson Have Been Screenwriting a Film Together
- Chrissie Hynde on Too Much Sex Appeal in Pop: ‘Maybe They Should Just Be Making Porn Films’
- Metallica to Release Box Set of Recordings of Every 2014 Show
- Sharon Osbourne Says U2 Gave Away ‘Mediocre Music’ for Free Because ‘No One Wants to Buy It’
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Might Be Working on a Joint Album