Adele Continues Record Breaking Streak
“This is also “21’s” ninth consecutive week at No. 1 — the most in-a-row frames at No. 1 since the “Titanic” soundtrack racked 14-straight in 1998,” Billboard reports.
Released just over a year ago, 21 has sold 7.65 million copies in the U.S — an impressive feat for the young singer. The former Rolling Stone cover girl told the magazine of the inspiration behind her album. It’s no secret that many of the tracks were inspired by a break-up with her boyfriend.
“He was artistic, but not romantic,” she says. “We’d just bicker over a cup of tea or the fact that my lighter wasn’t working.” Nonetheless, Adele says, “He made me an adult and put me on the road that I’m traveling on.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To The Screening Of Disney’s ‘Cinderella’
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Releases First Photo As Edward Snowden in Oliver Stone Film
- Cher & Piers Morgan Feud on Twitter Over Older Pop Stars Wearing Fishnets
- Vince Vaughn & the Cast of ‘Unfinished Business’ Deliver Funny and Free Stock Photos
- ‘Call Me Maybe’ Actually Made It Hard for Carly Rae Jepsen to Get Someone’s Number