It’s been seventeen days since the world lost it’s “Voice,” legendary singer Whitney Houston – long enough, it seems, for rumors to start surfacing about a biopic documenting one of the world’s best selling artists.
Not just any biopic, of course. But a film helmed by legendary producer and close personal friend of Whitney’s, Clive Davis, with Rihanna, Jennifer Hudson, Vivica Fox and Jordin Sparks all on the short list to play the role of the late singer.
Rihanna is apparently the favorite right now for the part, but that could all change depending on the numbers her acting debut in Battleship pulls in.
But that’s OK. Brandy Norwood, Houston’s co-star in 1997’s Cinderella, is also looking to score the role.
“My dream role would be to play Whitney Houston,” Brandy told TrueExclusives a few weeks before Houston’s passing. “Of course she would have to sing all the songs. But I would love to play Ms. Whitney. I have her personality down pat, her ‘isms’ down pat. Like no offense ladies — it’s a lot of talented ladies there — but nobody can play Whitney like me. Yes!”
Do you think Rihanna (or any other popular singer) is right for the role of Houston? Or should the part go to a seasoned actress? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’