Yesterday, John Mayer released “Shadow Days” to radio. The first single from his upcoming album, Born And Raised, Mayer has said the LP will have “organic cowboy guitar sounds.”
Mayer said he wondered, “What would it sound like if I wrote an album of cowboy songs on this guitar under the stars?”
Listen to “Shadow Days” after the jump.
[photogallerylink id=14635 align=left]
Visit JohnMayer.com for the complete stream.
At the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM), Rolling Stone reported that Mayer told press to expect more acoustic playing.
“I think it’s gonna be more organic, more natural lyrics and chords and artful simplicity,” he said.
Born And Raised is produced by Mayer and Don Was (Rolling Stones, B.B. King, Bonnie Raitt) and the title track will feature David Crosby and Graham Nash on backup vocals. Due for release on May 22, Mayer posted the track listing today on Tumblr.
- Queen of California
- The Age of Worry
- Shadow Days
- Speak for Me
- Something Like Olivia
- Born and Raised
- If I Ever Get Around To Living
- Love is a Verb
- Walt Grace’s Submarine Test, January 1967
- Whisky, Whisky, Whisky
- A Face To Call Home
- Born and Raised (Reprise)
Mayer will debut his new album with a performance at SXSW on March 17 before launching his first tour in two years April 9 in Indiana.
Get more Fresh news:
- Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato Reunite to Perform ‘This Is Me’
- This Week On FM Magazine: Spotlight On ISPA – Wellness, Anyone?
- Are Kanye West and Calvin Harris Collaborating?
- Nas and Erykah Badu Get Real on ‘This Bitter Land’
- Win Tickets To The Red Carpet Premiere Of Suicide Squad
- Did Ed Sheeran Get Married?
- Lady Gaga Not Guilty of Plagiarizing French Sculptor
- Brad Paisley Joins Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas at Washington, DC Show
- Sia Contributes to ‘Fight Song’ Video for DNC
- Cher Jokes Trump and Putin are in Bed — Literally