John Mayer Releases New Song, Announces Tour
Yesterday, John Mayer released “Shadow Days” to radio. The first single from his upcoming album, Born And Raised, Mayer has said the LP will have “organic cowboy guitar sounds.”
Mayer said he wondered, “What would it sound like if I wrote an album of cowboy songs on this guitar under the stars?”
Listen to “Shadow Days” after the jump.
[photogallerylink id=14635 align=left]
Visit JohnMayer.com for the complete stream.
At the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM), Rolling Stone reported that Mayer told press to expect more acoustic playing.
“I think it’s gonna be more organic, more natural lyrics and chords and artful simplicity,” he said.
Born And Raised is produced by Mayer and Don Was (Rolling Stones, B.B. King, Bonnie Raitt) and the title track will feature David Crosby and Graham Nash on backup vocals. Due for release on May 22, Mayer posted the track listing today on Tumblr.
- Queen of California
- The Age of Worry
- Shadow Days
- Speak for Me
- Something Like Olivia
- Born and Raised
- If I Ever Get Around To Living
- Love is a Verb
- Walt Grace’s Submarine Test, January 1967
- Whisky, Whisky, Whisky
- A Face To Call Home
- Born and Raised (Reprise)
Mayer will debut his new album with a performance at SXSW on March 17 before launching his first tour in two years April 9 in Indiana.
Get more Fresh news:
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Enter To Win: Ariana Grande at MSG
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings
- Blocktoberfest Hits KelSo Beer Company in Brooklyn This Saturday
- U2 is Working on Another Surprise Project With Apple
- Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea Unite in ‘Booty’ Video: Watch
- Hear Johnny Marr’s New Solo Song, ‘The Trap’