Yesterday, John Mayer released “Shadow Days” to radio. The first single from his upcoming album, Born And Raised, Mayer has said the LP will have “organic cowboy guitar sounds.”
Mayer said he wondered, “What would it sound like if I wrote an album of cowboy songs on this guitar under the stars?”
Listen to “Shadow Days” after the jump.
[photogallerylink id=14635 align=left]
Visit JohnMayer.com for the complete stream.
At the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM), Rolling Stone reported that Mayer told press to expect more acoustic playing.
“I think it’s gonna be more organic, more natural lyrics and chords and artful simplicity,” he said.
Born And Raised is produced by Mayer and Don Was (Rolling Stones, B.B. King, Bonnie Raitt) and the title track will feature David Crosby and Graham Nash on backup vocals. Due for release on May 22, Mayer posted the track listing today on Tumblr.
- Queen of California
- The Age of Worry
- Shadow Days
- Speak for Me
- Something Like Olivia
- Born and Raised
- If I Ever Get Around To Living
- Love is a Verb
- Walt Grace’s Submarine Test, January 1967
- Whisky, Whisky, Whisky
- A Face To Call Home
- Born and Raised (Reprise)
Mayer will debut his new album with a performance at SXSW on March 17 before launching his first tour in two years April 9 in Indiana.
Get more Fresh news:
- Train Debut New Single ‘Play This Song’
- Common Compares Colin Kaepernick to Muhammad Ali
- George Michael’s ‘Freedom ’90’ Video Gets a Fashion Facelift
- Backstreet Boys Announce Las Vegas Residency
- Miley Cyrus on ‘The Voice’: Not for Sob Stories, but to Find Great Talent
- The Weeknd Murders His Former Self in ‘Starboy’ Music Video
- Carson and Cane: Intern Anthony Spreads Love To Complete Strangers
- Kiiara on Her ‘Gold’ Message: ‘You Don’t Owe Anyone Anything’
- Twenty One Pilots Tapped for ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Eminem, Diplo, Florida Georgia Line Team Up for NFL Team T-shirt Line