Yesterday, John Mayer released “Shadow Days” to radio. The first single from his upcoming album, Born And Raised, Mayer has said the LP will have “organic cowboy guitar sounds.”
Mayer said he wondered, “What would it sound like if I wrote an album of cowboy songs on this guitar under the stars?”
Listen to “Shadow Days” after the jump.
[photogallerylink id=14635 align=left]
Visit JohnMayer.com for the complete stream.
At the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM), Rolling Stone reported that Mayer told press to expect more acoustic playing.
“I think it’s gonna be more organic, more natural lyrics and chords and artful simplicity,” he said.
Born And Raised is produced by Mayer and Don Was (Rolling Stones, B.B. King, Bonnie Raitt) and the title track will feature David Crosby and Graham Nash on backup vocals. Due for release on May 22, Mayer posted the track listing today on Tumblr.
- Queen of California
- The Age of Worry
- Shadow Days
- Speak for Me
- Something Like Olivia
- Born and Raised
- If I Ever Get Around To Living
- Love is a Verb
- Walt Grace’s Submarine Test, January 1967
- Whisky, Whisky, Whisky
- A Face To Call Home
- Born and Raised (Reprise)
Mayer will debut his new album with a performance at SXSW on March 17 before launching his first tour in two years April 9 in Indiana.
Get more Fresh news:
- Bruno Mars to Join Coldplay for Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Kanye West Wants 1,200 Paid Extras for MSG Show
- Win Tickets To The Play Fair
- Queen’s ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ Sets the Tone in New Super Bowl Ad
- Nick Jonas Talks Lady Gaga Inspiration and New Album
- Adele Shares a Photo of When She Was Young
- A Bob Marley Cannabis Strain will be Released on His Birthday
- Rihanna Will Perform at the GRAMMYs
- Rihanna’s Rider: Bitch Better Have My Cheetos (Both Kinds)
- Madonna Performs ‘Take a Bow’ for the First Time in 20 Years