“Kevin, I’m so sorry but I won’t be able to make it to your prom. But I was wondering, the ACM Awards are coming up.. Would you be my date?” she wrote on her Facebook page.
CBS Philadelphia was with 18-year-old Kevin McGuire at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia when he received the news. Watch the video after the jump.
“I’m just trying not to throw up,” he said. “I don’t know what to say.”
Once reality set in, he let CBS know his answer.
“Taylor I would love to go with you. Thank you,” McGuire replied.
When McGuire told his sister Tori about his worries that no one would want to attend prom with someone who is bald, she mentioned Swift.
“I said what if I got Taylor Swift to go to the prom with you? His eyes lit up for the first time since he was diagnosed,” Tori said.
His sister started a Facebook petition asking Swift to attend prom with her brother. With nearly 80,000 members on Facebook Friday and #TeamKevin trending on Twitter, the McGuires anxiously awaited a response from Swift.
“I just wanted to make the last part of his senior year very special,” his sister said.
Having just accepted his red carpet offer, the ACM Awards will no doubt be a memorable night for McGuire.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inducts 27 New Recordings from Dolly Parton, The Rolling Stones, U2 and More
- DJ Earworm Releases “United State of Pop 2013″
- Watch Mary J. Blige Reveal Her ‘Favorite Things’ In New Video
- R. Kelly’s ‘Trapped in the Closet’ to Return with New Chapters in 2014
- Jay Z Goes Vegan for Health, Supporting His Friend’s Business
- One Direction Makes Chart History with ‘Midnight Memories’