Gorillaz, Andre 3000 and James Murphy Debut New Track “DoYaThing”
Damon Albarn of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Gorillaz[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]OutKast[/lastfm]’s Andre 3000 and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]LCD Soundsystem[/lastfm]’s James Murphy have united on a catchy new track called “DoYaThing” for Converse‘s “3 Artists. 1 Song” campaign.
The new superstar collaboration combines the strongest features of each artist.
“We didn’t exchange any ideas at all [beforehand],” Murphy told Billboard earlier this month. “Damon was basically saying, ‘Let’s just get in a room,’ which, even if it wasn’t Damon Albarn, is a pretty convincing argument, really. To be honest, I was worried that I should prepare something, but went with it anyway.”
A video for the song will be released by the end of February and an extended version of the track will appear on the Gorillaz website in the next few weeks.
To download the track, visit Converse.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You