Gorillaz, Andre 3000 and James Murphy Debut New Track “DoYaThing”
Damon Albarn of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Gorillaz[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]OutKast[/lastfm]‘s Andre 3000 and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]LCD Soundsystem[/lastfm]‘s James Murphy have united on a catchy new track called “DoYaThing” for Converse‘s “3 Artists. 1 Song” campaign.
The new superstar collaboration combines the strongest features of each artist.
“We didn’t exchange any ideas at all [beforehand],” Murphy told Billboard earlier this month. “Damon was basically saying, ‘Let’s just get in a room,’ which, even if it wasn’t Damon Albarn, is a pretty convincing argument, really. To be honest, I was worried that I should prepare something, but went with it anyway.”
A video for the song will be released by the end of February and an extended version of the track will appear on the Gorillaz website in the next few weeks.
To download the track, visit Converse.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Interview: Demi Lovato Talks World Tour, Twitter, and Her Love of Sam Smith
- Lindsay Lohan Says She Wheeled Whitney Houston’s Corpse Into the Morgue
- Watch U2 Make ‘Songs of Innocence’ in Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Miss America Wins By Performing ‘Cups’ Game to ‘Happy': Watch
- Amy Winehouse Gets Her Own Statue in London
- Pixies’ ‘Ring the Bell’ Video: Two Girls Dumpster Dive For ’90s Treasures [Premiere]