President Barack Obama, Karaoke King, Sings ‘Sweet Home Chicago’
President Barack Obama. He’s the leader of the free world, the most powerful man on the planet, and a crooner to boot.
If you were impressed with the Prez’s rendition of Al Green’s ‘Let’s Stay Together,’ or you hated it and are just a forgivable, loving soul willing to give him a second chance, listen to him belt out a few bars of “Sweet Home Chicago.”
El Presidente was in DC for the event In Performance at the White House: Red, White and Blues. As part of the In Perfomance series, music legends and contemporary artists perform at the White House for a celebration of Blues music and recognize Black History Month.
“I heard you singing Al Green,” said Buddy. “You done started something, and you gotta keep it up now!”
After a little coaxing, Obama reluctantly took the mic like a guy who had a few too many drinks and realized his friends secretly signed him up for karaoke, singing a few bars of “Sweet Home Chicago.”
And to his friends’ surprise… he isn’t that bad.
Good to know if this whole President of the United States thing doesn’t work out, Barack might be able to make a living singing blues standards in small clubs.
And if you’re worried that the man who wants to run this country for four more years is spending too much time singing, just be happy he isn’t singing about pizza.
*cough cough* HERMAN CAIN *cough cough*
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings