Nick Jonas To Appear In “Smash”
Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers continues to expand his resume with an appearance earlier this week on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. As part of Fallon’s Broadway themed week, Jonas took the stage and performed “I Believe In You” from How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying.
Watch Jonas’ performance after the jump.
For the complete performance, visit Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
Next week, Jonas makes his debut on “Smash” and plays Lyle West, a 20-year-old TV star who got his start as a child actor on Broadway. He will perform a cover of Michael Buble‘s “Haven’t Met You Yet.” Jonas explained his role on the show and how being a person “who loves music and loves musical theater, it’s something that I connected with immediately.”
Jonas’ run on Broadway continues until July while Jonas Brothers fans can expect a new album by the end of 2012. Earlier this month, Joe Jonas told MTV News that the band will begin writing soon.
“In the next few weeks, we’re going to be going to New York and we’re gonna start writing for another project,” Joe said. “It’s going to be, I think, our best record yet. I’m so excited.”
Three years after their last release, Lines, Vines and Trying Times, the band says they have a lot of material to work with.
“We have plans that nobody really knows about yet, performances that are already lined up and we have music already recorded too … our [aim] is probably close to the end of the year or next year,” Joe said.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage
- Lady Gaga Is a Blonde Again: See Her New Look
- Jon Bon Jovi Wrote a Song for Rutgers Grads: Watch
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- Adam Lambert Teases Two More Songs Off New Album ‘The Original High': Listen
- ‘Game of Thrones': The Musical? Coldplay Make It a Reality For a Good Cause