2012 “Glee” Summer Tour Canceled
After two summers on the road, the cast of Glee will receive a break from their arduous schedules.
“We currently have no plans of touring the cast this summer,” a spokesman for Glee studio 20th Television told The Hollywood Reporter.
Last year, the Glee Live! In Concert! tour ranked No. 16 on Billboard’s list of Top 25 Tours. The summer tour, which traveled throughout the U.S., Canada, England and Ireland grossed $40,854,811 with total attendance ranking at 485,852. Each of the 40 shows sold out.
In addition to being among one of the most popular tours of 2011, Glee episodes continue to assist in bands gaining notoriety.
Earlier this week, the cast covered [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Wanted[/lastfm]’s single “Glad You Came,” while in December after the cast covered [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]fun.[/lastfm]’s “We Are Young,” the song shot up the iTunes charts.
With [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Justin Bieber[/lastfm]’s manager, Scooter Braun, showing interest in the U.K. quintet The Wanted, the Glee feature can only help with promotion of the band’s upcoming U.S. release of their second album, Battleground.
Need more Glee? Listen to Glee Radio, the always-on, 24/7 channel playing all your favorite tracks from Glee.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- How ‘Uptown Funk’ Was Written: Watch
- Amy Winehouse’s Family Slam ‘Amy’ Documentary as ‘Misleading’
- Stephen Hawking Has a Scientific Solution For Those Still Coping With Zayn Malik Leaving One Direction
- Things Get a Little Stalkery in Brandon Flowers’ ‘Lonely Town’ Video: Watch
- Demi Lovato Dedicates ‘Warrior’ to Bruce Jenner in Concert: Watch
- Mariah Carey Returns to ’90s Roots with Breakup Anthem ‘Infinity': Listen