This was no good-spirited jest: Adele was angry that the BRIT Awards host, at heeding from the show’s production executives, cut off her heartfelt acceptance speech for the biggest award of the night.
When show host James Corden, who the Anglophiles among you may know from his roles in the TV shows Gavin & Stacey or Dr. Who, cut Adele off to cut to a show-closing live performance by the band Blur he drew angry boos from the crowd. Adele quickly flipped her middle finger at the cameras broadcasting the award ceremony.
Although Adele’s heartbroken songs may lead you to believe otherwise, this lady’s not afraid to stand up for herself. At a press conference after the show Adele said, “I was cut off during my speech but I wanted to thank the British public for all their support. I was held up with my voice and troubles but the album kept walking without me. I flipped the bird for the suits at the BRITS who cut me off. Sorry if I offended anyone but it was for them, not for the fans.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Watch Radiohead Perform ‘Creep’ Live for the First Time in 7 Years
- P!nk Turns Pink During Johnny Depp Surprise
- Chewbacca Mom Gets a Lesson from J.J. Abrams: Watch
- Paul McCartney Calls Kanye West a Monster
- Kelly Osbourne Fires Shots at Ozzy’s Alleged Mistress
- Kanye and Kim Celebrate Their 2nd Wedding Anniversary