Taylor Swift: New ‘Hunger Games’ Inspired Video
When you think of country darling Taylor Swift, what comes to mind? Smiles, sunshine, puppies, kittens, cheery music, and fun? Exactly.
Her new video for “Safe and Sound” is everything but those things, though. The singer released her Hunger Games inspired video featuring her friends [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Civil Wars[/lastfm], and she wants to share it with all of you!
Taylor Swift is in rare form in her video, looking ghost-like, sporting no make-up (still looking flawless), a plain white gown, and bare feet. The video’s location adds to the lonely, melancholy tone — it was shot in a cemetery!
Swift explains to MTV “It’s one of my favorite moments in the video; there’s this wide shot, where I’m just kind of crumpled up sitting on a gravestone, and it’s actually the gravesite of a couple who lived and died in 1853,” she recalled. “I’m sitting here thinking, ‘What were their lives like?’ It’s really eerie, considering what the movie is about and how it deals with life and death. It just absolutely blew my mind.”
Other artists who will join T-Swift on the Hunger Games Soundtrack include The Voice‘s Blake Shelton’s wife [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Miranda Lambert[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Kid Cudi[/lastfm], and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Arcade Fire[/lastfm] — just to name a few.
Check out the track list!
1. “Safe & Sound” (feat. The Civil Wars) by Taylor Swift
2. “Eyes Wide Open” by Taylor Swift
3.”Abraham’s Daughter” by Arcade Fire
4. “The Ruler & The Killer” by Kid Cudi
5. “Run Daddy Run” (feat. Pistol Annies) by Miranda Lambert
6. “Kingdom Come” by The Civil Wars
7. “One Engine” by The Decemberists
8. “Take The Heartland” by Glen Hansard
9. “Lover Is Childlike” by The Low Anthem
10. “Dark Days” by Punch Brothers
11. “Tomorrow Will Be Kinder” by The Secret Sisters
12. “Just a Game” by Birdy
13. “Oh Come & Sing” by Ella Mae Bowen
14. “Rules” by Jayme Dee
15. “Reaping Day” by Carolina Chocolate Drops
16. “Give Me Something I’ll Remember” by Neko Case
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- How To Get That Fierce Holiday Look by Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist Francesca Tolot
- Katy Perry Reveals Holiday Covergirl Campaign
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Lorde Was Taylor Swift’s Manager For One Night, And One Night Only
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- Rihanna Teases New Album with 15-Second Snippet