Adele Can Only Sing Her Feelings
Shortly after British songstress Adele recovered from throat surgery, the current Vogue cover girl sat down with writer Jonathan Van Meter and discussed singing, songwriting and the inspiration behind two of her biggest hits.
Adele confessed that she doesn’t reveal her feelings when in a relationship. Instead, she puts them in a song.
“In person, I can never talk about my feelings either. If you were my fellow and we were having a serious conversation, I’d be laughing. Or just crying. I can never be articulate with how something is making me feel. I can never find the words.”
Though she admits she can never find the words, somehow she is able to convey them in her lyrics. But, she’s not sure how.
“I have no idea where it comes from. I don’t read literature. I don’t have a very big capacity for language and words. I’m quite limited when it comes to just chatting,” she said. “But my head comes alive when I’m writing music, and I start using words and describing emotions I had no idea existed in me.”
While Internet rumors claimed Adele would be taking a five-year hiatus after her big win at the 2012 GRAMMYs, she put this story to rest in her blog. “I’ve a few days off now, and then it’s the Brit Awards here at home and then I’m straight into the studio. BOYYAHH! 5 years? More like 5 days!”
Adele fans can continue to look forward to her exploring her feelings.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion
- Sam Smith Pulls Surprise Guest Ed Sheeran for ‘Stay With Me’ Duet: Watch
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been
- This Taylor Swift/Beyoncé Mashup Will Change Your Life