Whitney Houston’s Private Service Will Stream Online
Whitney Houston‘s funeral is expected to be a very private and intimate service held at noon on Saturday from New Hope Baptist Church. There is a tightly guarded guest list that includes family, close friends, and a few mega stars as well.
Also on the guest list?
Whether you were for or against the public memorial at the Prudential Center in Newark (that was recently cancelled due to the wish of the Houston family), many people felt attendance at Whitney’s service should be reserved for those closest to her.
While that may be the case, you won’t be left out of the service completely.
CBS New York reports that Houston’s publicist Kristen Foster announced that Whitney’s private service will be available through a live webcast.
In my opinion, this is a smart move.
There will be no funeral procession, no viewing screen outside, and no loudspeakers. Giving fans the option to WATCH FROM HOME will hopefully keep the crowd at a minimum, though it would be foolish to think it will diminish it completely.
The media will surely flock to the scene to have access to exclusive, up-to-the-minute coverage. And there will undoubtedly be fans on site who believe their “relationship” with Whitney supersedes the requests of the family.
Notable names on the guest list include Houston’s godmother Aretha Franklin, who will sing during the service, as well as longtime family friend and gospel singer Rev. Marvin Winans, who will deliver the eulogy.
Rumors are still circulating on whether estranged ex-husband Bobby Brown is welcome at Whitney’s service. Brown has recently been denied access to his daughter Bobbi Kristina, but there has been no confirmation as to whether or not he will be allowed to attend.
One can hope all differences can be put aside at a time like this.
The Houston family has asked that donations be made to the Whitney E. Houston Academy of Creative and Performing Arts in lieu of flowers.
You can send them to:
215 Dodd Street
East Orange, NJ 07017
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Taylor Swift Concert Bracelets Save Teens After Car Wreck
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘New and Sexy’ Daily Show Premiere Date in New Video: Watch
- Michael Jackson Molestation Lawsuit Dropped
- Kelly Clarkson Singing ‘Love Shack’ Karaoke with a 10-Year-Old Fan Is Super Cute: Watch
- Tracy Morgan to Give First Interview Since His Car Accident Last Summer
- U2 Honor Fallen Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan Live in Los Angeles
- Jane’s Addiction to Play ‘Ritual de lo Habitual’ in Full at Fun Fun Fun Fest
- Demi Lovato Wants You To Speak Up For Mental Health
- Pharrell’s Hat Will Never Die, Thanks to Marlon Wayans Doing ‘Happy’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle': Watch
- Don’t Call Taylor Swift Your ‘Mom,’ Guys