Whitney Houston’s Private Service Will Stream Online
Whitney Houston‘s funeral is expected to be a very private and intimate service held at noon on Saturday from New Hope Baptist Church. There is a tightly guarded guest list that includes family, close friends, and a few mega stars as well.
Also on the guest list?
Whether you were for or against the public memorial at the Prudential Center in Newark (that was recently cancelled due to the wish of the Houston family), many people felt attendance at Whitney’s service should be reserved for those closest to her.
While that may be the case, you won’t be left out of the service completely.
CBS New York reports that Houston’s publicist Kristen Foster announced that Whitney’s private service will be available through a live webcast.
In my opinion, this is a smart move.
There will be no funeral procession, no viewing screen outside, and no loudspeakers. Giving fans the option to WATCH FROM HOME will hopefully keep the crowd at a minimum, though it would be foolish to think it will diminish it completely.
The media will surely flock to the scene to have access to exclusive, up-to-the-minute coverage. And there will undoubtedly be fans on site who believe their “relationship” with Whitney supersedes the requests of the family.
Notable names on the guest list include Houston’s godmother Aretha Franklin, who will sing during the service, as well as longtime family friend and gospel singer Rev. Marvin Winans, who will deliver the eulogy.
Rumors are still circulating on whether estranged ex-husband Bobby Brown is welcome at Whitney’s service. Brown has recently been denied access to his daughter Bobbi Kristina, but there has been no confirmation as to whether or not he will be allowed to attend.
One can hope all differences can be put aside at a time like this.
The Houston family has asked that donations be made to the Whitney E. Houston Academy of Creative and Performing Arts in lieu of flowers.
You can send them to:
215 Dodd Street
East Orange, NJ 07017
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Coldplay Play New Song ‘Always In My Head’ at SXSW
- Justin Bieber’s DUI Trial Delayed to May 5
- When In Minneapolis: Arcade Fire Cover Prince
- Kim’s College: Charlie Sheen Misses Work, Pregnancy Rumors & Jimmy Kimmel’s Guest
- American Authors Divulge The Band Member Most Likely To…
- Chris Pine In Trouble, Obama VS Zach Galifianakis & Jennifer Aniston Prego?: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!
- Interview: Sky Ferreira on Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Ian & Chad from A Great Big World Play ‘Guess the Celebrity NYU Grad or Dropout’ w/ Jim & Kim
- Watch CHVRCHES Cover Lorde’s ‘Team’