In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]’s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=””]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack.
While we don’t know the exact context of the song, it will be sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote=”Whitney had a huge impact on her.”]”It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the GRAMMY Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What do you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Aaron Carter Thinks He’ll End Up with a Woman
- Lorde Strips Down ‘Melodrama’ for Intimate Performance
- The Muppets Detail First-Ever Full-Length Live Shows
- Paramore’s Hayley Williams Plays John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ on a Casio
- Bonnie Tyler to Perform ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ During Solar Eclipse
- Rihanna Taps Calvin Harris for Third Annual Diamond Ball