In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]’s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=””]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack.
While we don’t know the exact context of the song, it will be sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote=”Whitney had a huge impact on her.”]”It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the GRAMMY Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What do you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani