In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]’s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=””]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack.
While we don’t know the exact context of the song, it will be sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote=”Whitney had a huge impact on her.”]”It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the GRAMMY Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What do you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay Not Performing Israeli-Palestinian Peace Concerts
- Stream Foo Fighters Concert Live Right Now!
- Oscars Secrets Revealed + the Truth About the Red Carpet
- Win Tickets To The Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience
- Ariana Grande’s Charm is ‘Dangerous’ in New York City
- John Mayer Unpacks ‘The Search for Everything’ Wave 2