The world is still mourning the loss of the late, great Whitney Houston. Ever since her death on Saturday, we all have been curious to know the cause of her death. Did she drown in her hotel room’s bathtub? Was it the cause of drugs? Alcohol?
And what is going to happen to her body?
For many of Whitney Houston’s friends, family members and fans, it’s hard to accept that she has left this world. Sure, she hasn’t had a solid radio hit in years, but she didn’t technically have to. She’s Whitney Houston. She is legend, and will forever live in the minds of every one she has ever touched.
The cause of Houston’s death hasn’t been confirmed, but Beverly Hills Police Department spokesman Lt. Mark Rosen does not believe foul play is involved. The investigation now rests in the hands of the coroner’s office.
The pop star was reportedly found submerged in her Beverly Hills Hilton bathtub, but Dr. Cyril Wecht says drowning is an unlikely cause of death.
“I believe Whitney Houston was probably almost certainly dead when she slipped under the water or she was in a deep stupor, semi-comatose state when she slipped under the water and a normal gag reflex would not have kicked in,” say the pathologist.
Houston had a long-standing, well-known battle with substance abuse. Prescription drugs were found on the scene, but none more than in the average medicine cabinet. An autopsy has been conducted, but the results from toxicology tests could take six to eight weeks to arrive.
Houston’s body was flown from Los Anegles to Teterboro Airport late last night. A private funeral will be held Saturday for the singer at New Hope Baptist Church. Earlier reports state that the Prudential Center in Newark would hold a two-day public memorial, but exact times and dates for those services are yet to be announced.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Katy Perry Sends Heartfelt Video Message to Dying Fan
- Adele Shouts Out Leicester City After Premier League Victory
- Drake’s ‘Views’ Production Credits Broken Down
- Stone Temple Pilots Deny Auditioning Scott Stapp
- Watch Prince Cover David Bowie’s ‘Heroes’ Weeks Prior to His Death
- Watch Kevin Hart, Big Sean and More Lip-Sync Rihanna’s ‘Work’
- Watch Jay-Z and Blue Ivy Dance Backstage During Beyoncé’s Formation Tour
- Watch The Muppets Cover Outkast’s ‘Ms. Jackson’
- Zedd Talks Kesha Collaboration
- Red Hot Chili Peppers to Debut New Song Thursday