Latest News on Whitney Houston’s Death Investigation; Burial Service
The world is still mourning the loss of the late, great Whitney Houston. Ever since her death on Saturday, we all have been curious to know the cause of her death. Did she drown in her hotel room’s bathtub? Was it the cause of drugs? Alcohol?
And what is going to happen to her body?
For many of Whitney Houston’s friends, family members and fans, it’s hard to accept that she has left this world. Sure, she hasn’t had a solid radio hit in years, but she didn’t technically have to. She’s Whitney Houston. She is legend, and will forever live in the minds of every one she has ever touched.
The cause of Houston’s death hasn’t been confirmed, but Beverly Hills Police Department spokesman Lt. Mark Rosen does not believe foul play is involved. The investigation now rests in the hands of the coroner’s office.
The pop star was reportedly found submerged in her Beverly Hills Hilton bathtub, but Dr. Cyril Wecht says drowning is an unlikely cause of death.
“I believe Whitney Houston was probably almost certainly dead when she slipped under the water or she was in a deep stupor, semi-comatose state when she slipped under the water and a normal gag reflex would not have kicked in,” say the pathologist.
Houston had a long-standing, well-known battle with substance abuse. Prescription drugs were found on the scene, but none more than in the average medicine cabinet. An autopsy has been conducted, but the results from toxicology tests could take six to eight weeks to arrive.
Houston’s body was flown from Los Anegles to Teterboro Airport late last night. A private funeral will be held Saturday for the singer at New Hope Baptist Church. Earlier reports state that the Prudential Center in Newark would hold a two-day public memorial, but exact times and dates for those services are yet to be announced.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Enter to Win: One Direction at MetLife Stadium
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Metallica Plan Reissues of ‘Ride the Lightning,’ ‘Master of Puppets’
- Imagine Dragons Welcome LeBron James Back to Cleveland with ‘I Bet My Life': Watch
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub