The world is still mourning the loss of the late, great Whitney Houston. Ever since her death on Saturday, we all have been curious to know the cause of her death. Did she drown in her hotel room’s bathtub? Was it the cause of drugs? Alcohol?
And what is going to happen to her body?
For many of Whitney Houston’s friends, family members and fans, it’s hard to accept that she has left this world. Sure, she hasn’t had a solid radio hit in years, but she didn’t technically have to. She’s Whitney Houston. She is legend, and will forever live in the minds of every one she has ever touched.
The cause of Houston’s death hasn’t been confirmed, but Beverly Hills Police Department spokesman Lt. Mark Rosen does not believe foul play is involved. The investigation now rests in the hands of the coroner’s office.
The pop star was reportedly found submerged in her Beverly Hills Hilton bathtub, but Dr. Cyril Wecht says drowning is an unlikely cause of death.
“I believe Whitney Houston was probably almost certainly dead when she slipped under the water or she was in a deep stupor, semi-comatose state when she slipped under the water and a normal gag reflex would not have kicked in,” say the pathologist.
Houston had a long-standing, well-known battle with substance abuse. Prescription drugs were found on the scene, but none more than in the average medicine cabinet. An autopsy has been conducted, but the results from toxicology tests could take six to eight weeks to arrive.
Houston’s body was flown from Los Anegles to Teterboro Airport late last night. A private funeral will be held Saturday for the singer at New Hope Baptist Church. Earlier reports state that the Prudential Center in Newark would hold a two-day public memorial, but exact times and dates for those services are yet to be announced.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Selena Gomez Debuts Short Haircut
- Madonna Calls Potential Biopic Producers Charlatans and Fools
- Sony Music Cuts Ties with Dr. Luke: Report
- #TabooTuesday: Do You Have Questions You’ve Always Wanted To Ask People, But Didn’t Have The Nerve To Ask?
- Beyoncé Launches Scholarship Program for Young Women
- Ellie Goulding Reunites with Ex-Boyfriend Midair at ‘Magic Mike Live’
- Bananarama to Reunite (After 29 Years) for First-Ever Tour
- Madonna Biopic ‘Blond Ambition’ Picked up by Universal
- Miley Cyrus Plays New Character in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2’
- Dave Grohl Interviews His Mom about Her New Book, Shares Funny Stories