Candy hearts, flowers, and champagne are all just details, but there’s one thing that makes Valentine’s Day actually work, and that’s music. Last.fm has broken down worldwide music plays to see who’s listening the most to songs with the tags “sex” and “romance,” and they’ve put it all together in a handy map for you to plan your future travels. Turns out you might want to go to Caracas and, um, Fresno?
In addition to mapping the ratio of romance to sex in playlists across the globe, Last.fm has also broken down the top Valentine’s day tracks by gender. Consider it your cheat sheet for tonight.
And for those of the romantic persuasion, they have also graphed out the timeline of a couple who met on Last.fm and have now gotten married. Awww, love does exist after all.
Romantics and other lovers might also want to check out the list of The Most Romantic Songs of All Time, as assembled by our friend at Metroylyrics. They also put together a Valentine’s Day Playlist that runs from Sonny & Cher to The Cure and includes Rihanna, Gordon Lightfoot, Al Green, and more in-between.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- Willie Nelson Teams Up with Harry Connick Jr. on Holiday Track ‘When I’m Home’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Barbie Digital Makeover Mirror
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- New Jersey’s ‘Men In Kilts’: For ALL Of Your Handyman Needs!