Candy hearts, flowers, and champagne are all just details, but there’s one thing that makes Valentine’s Day actually work, and that’s music. Last.fm has broken down worldwide music plays to see who’s listening the most to songs with the tags “sex” and “romance,” and they’ve put it all together in a handy map for you to plan your future travels. Turns out you might want to go to Caracas and, um, Fresno?
In addition to mapping the ratio of romance to sex in playlists across the globe, Last.fm has also broken down the top Valentine’s day tracks by gender. Consider it your cheat sheet for tonight.
And for those of the romantic persuasion, they have also graphed out the timeline of a couple who met on Last.fm and have now gotten married. Awww, love does exist after all.
Romantics and other lovers might also want to check out the list of The Most Romantic Songs of All Time, as assembled by our friend at Metroylyrics. They also put together a Valentine’s Day Playlist that runs from Sonny & Cher to The Cure and includes Rihanna, Gordon Lightfoot, Al Green, and more in-between.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: Rude Awakening
- FM Magazine: Out Of The Darkness Overnight Walk in NYC
- Adele Shares Beyoncé Love
- Beyoncé and Rita Ora Pose Together at Met Gala, Shut Down ‘Becky’ Rumors
- Bono and Lupita Nyong’o Dedicate Broadway Performance to Abducted Girls
- ‘Hamilton’ Sets All-Time Tony Nominations Record