Referring to music as the world’s best social lubricant should be innuendo enough to start any good Valentine’s Day blog post, plus we all know it’s true. To wrap up the perfect Valentine’s Day evening, you need the perfect love song, but what exactly makes the perfect love song? Well, a big part of it is in the lyrics.
Fortunately, our friends at Metrolyrics have created a fantastic love song infographic which breaks down some of the best love songs ever, with facts like:
- Taylor Swift’s “Love Story” was the first Country song to ever make it to #1 on the Top 40 charts.
- Frank Sinatra called “Something” by the Beatles one of the best love songs ever written.
- Though Whitney Houston’s version of the song is better known, Dolly Parton wrote and first performed “I Will Always Love You”
In addition to the love song trivia and facts, they’ve got staff picks for the best love songs ever, lyrical word clouds for love songs, more facts and figures around famous love songs, lists of the best anti-love songs, and so much more.
While you’re over there, check out Metrolyrics‘ ultimate Valentine’s Day Playlist too, which has all the lyrics for the songs on it, including one of our favorites, Lovesong by [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]the Cure[/lastfm].
[metrolyrics artist=”the cure” song=”lovesong”]
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Have Lunch with Hillary Clinton
- ‘I Almost Passed on Katy Perry’: An Interview with Lava Records CEO Jason Flom
- The Song of the Summer 2016 Has Been Crowned
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Caught Smooching
- Britney Spears Auctions Clothing for Louisiana Flood Relief
- Don’t Miss Halle Berry’s Dramatic Reading of ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’