Kisses On The Bottom is a work born of intense inspiration and affection — and possibly most important of all fun. The album is a collection of standards Paul grew up listening to in his childhood as well as two new McCartney compositions ‘My Valentine’ and ‘Only Our Hearts’.
With the help of GRAMMY Award-winning producer Tommy LiPuma and Diana Krall and her band—as well as guest appearances from Eric Clapton and Stevie Wonder, McCartney’s new album is a deeply personal journey through classic American compositions that, in some cases, a young Paul first heard his father perform on piano at home.
[pullquote quote=”I like mischief. It’s good for the soul.”]“I always thought artists like Fred Astaire were very cool. Writers like Harold Arlen, Cole Porter, all of those guys – I just thought the songs were magical. And then, as I got to be a songwriter I thought it’s beautiful, the way they made those songs.”
In the below audio clips, Paul explains how songs featured on Kisses On The Bottom had influenced the songwriting of the Beatles, how it feels to be a British icon and Diana Krall’s influence on Kisses.
How Songs On The Album Influenced Paul & John’s Writing In The Beatles
How Diana Krall Influenced The Album
How It Feels To Be A British Icon
Paul is also set to live stream a performance next week — Click NEXT For InfoVodpod videos no longer available.
Photos: Paul McCartney Weds… Paul is set to live stream a performance of songs from his new album on Thursday, February 9. Check back on our Facebook page next week for more information as it becomes available.
To answer the question on everyone’s mind, the album’s title is not a cheeky reference to the derriere. Rather, the phrase “Kisses On The Bottom” comes from the album’s opener “I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter”. Originally made a hit by Fats Waller in 1935, the song opens with the lines “I’m gonna sit right down and write myself a letter and make believe it came from you/I’m gonna write words oh so sweet/They’re gonna knock me off of my feet/A lot of kisses on the bottom, I’ll be glad I got ’em’.”
Kisses on the Bottom Tracklist:
01. I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
02. Home (When Shadows Fall)
03. It’s Only A Paper Moon
04. More I Cannot Wish You
05. The Glory Of Love
06. We Three (My Echo, My Shadow And Me)
07. Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive
08. My Valentine (feat. Eric Clapton)
10. My Very Good Friend The Milkman
11. Bye Bye Blackbird
12. Get Yourself Another Fool (feat. Eric Clapton)
13. The Inch Worm
14. Only Our Hearts (feat. Stevie Wonder)
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To CMT’s Nashville in Concert
- Dave Grohl Talks Lyrical Inspiration, Shuts Down Adele, Taylor Swift Rumors
- Katy Perry to Host MTV Video Music Awards
- The Killers Share ‘Wonderful Wonderful’ Album Tracklist
- Hayley Williams Shares Unreleased Paramore Song ‘Temporary’
- Questionable Beauty Hack: Is This Genius Or Gross?