Queen Adds Adam Lambert as Summer Tour Frontman
American Idol‘s Adam Lambert seems to be having a pretty good run as runner up.
In addition to premiering his awesome “split personality” video for his single “Better than I Know Myself” from his album Trespassing (set to be released March 20th), he has confirmed that he will be going on tour this summer with legendary rock band [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Queen[/lastfm].
Though no one can ever replace Freddie Mercury, Lambert’s pipes could be the closest to him.
“After the EMAs, I heard faint little slithers of a backlash from people saying, ‘You can’t replace Freddie Mercury.’ But I already knew that. There’s no intention in my mind of replacing Freddie. That’s impossible. The way I’m choosing to view it is that it’s a great honor and one I’m in no way going to shirk,” Lambert says, humbly.
Adam first appeared with Queen during season eight of American Idol and performed the famous hit “We are the Champions.” During this time drummer Roger Taylor and guitarist Brian May had been looking for a new lead singer. Paul Rodgers had been their lead singer from 2004-2009 in a new rendition of the band called Queen + Paul Rodgers.
Back in December, drummer Roger Taylor spoke highly of Lambert in an interview with Rolling Stone. “He has grown into a really great performer with an astonishing voice with a range that’s great. We would like to work with him again. There’s nothing signed just yet but we’re talking about live dates. It could be very exciting.”
Exciting indeed, however, he wasn’t the only pop star the rockers were considering. Lady Gaga, whose name “Gaga” is based off of Queen’s single ‘Radio Gaga’ was also in the running for the lead position.
In the end however, Mr. Lambert prevailed and will be sharing the stage with one of rock music’s greatest bands. “Being asked to front Queen is the best thing that can possibly happen.”
Lambert is excited and humbled to pay homage to Freddie Mercury, who has been an inspiration in his own music career.
“The intention is to pay tribute to Freddie and the band by singing some f—ing great songs. It’s to keep the music alive for the fans and give it an energy that Freddie would have been proud of,” he shared.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- YES! There Could Be An Incredibly Delicious Way To Stop Eating Too Much
- Ariana Grande Kisses Liz Gillies, Accidentally Posts Video Evidence
- Watch Julianne Moore, John Stamos & James Corden Create a Taylor Swift Soap Opera
- The Cure Announce First US Tour Dates for 2016 Run
- Watch Justin Bieber Discuss His One Direction Conspiracy Theory
- Download ‘Yeezer’: A Kanye West and Weezer Mashup Album
- Justin Bieber & Floyd Mayweather Do Karaoke, Just Like You
- Austin Mahone Pranks Fans at Madame Tussauds
- Trey & Ghia’s Celebrity Weekend Envy: Taylor Swift Reunites with an OG Squad Member + More!
- Gigi Hadid Opens Up about Taylor Swift, #SquadGoals