Madonna’s Best Live Television Performances
The buzz around Madonna‘s performance during half time of the Big Game is so loud we can hardly hear ourselves think. We’re also pretty certain it will pale in comparison to the noise made by the crowd at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on Sunday.
But before we look forward to Madonna’s half time show performance in front of the millions watching at home on February 5th, we decided to glance back in time to some of her past televised performances that helped cement her status as the Queen of Pop.
#5: “Hung Up” 2006 GRAMMYs
The 54th Annual Academy Awards will mark the fourth time Madonna has performed at the mecca of music award shows. But it was her third in 2006 that went above and beyond.
Madge began her performance accompanied by virtual alt rock band [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Gorillaz[/lastfm]… as a hologram.
Madonna (now in human form) picked up the pace by launching into her Top 10 hit “Hung Up” with the aid of some tightly choreographed dancers and blew the crowd (both in the Kodak Theatre and at home) away.
#4: “Sooner or Later” 63rd Academy Awards in 1991
Madonna borrowed the look of another blonde bombshell, Marilyn Monroe, at the 63rd Academy Awards in 1991 for her performance of “Sooner or Later.”
The song was featured in the film Dick Tracy, which she co-starred in with Warren Beatty (whom she also dated), and won composer Stephen Sondheim the Oscar for best original song.
#3: “Vogue” MTV VMAs in 1990
Madonna was trekking across the globe on her Blonde Ambition Tour when she made a stop at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1990. Dressed in her Marie Antoinette garb and backed by her tour dancers, the Material Girl put on a very regal performance of her hit “Vogue.”
Lip-synching never looked so elegant.
#2 “Express Yourself” MTV VMAs in 1989
Madonna’s performance of “Express Yourself” at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1989 was so simple yet had everything we could have asked for.
Dancing, light up stairs, lingerie… and a crotch grab.
Who would have thought that men’s business attire could look so enticing.
#1″Like a Virgin” MTV VMAs in 1984
The one that started it all. MTV was just a toddler and Madonna was one of the network’s big stars when the first VMAs launched in 1984.
Her performance of “Like a Virgin” became one of the most iconic of all time while making every man with a pulse wish they were that stage floor.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Pharrell Releases ‘Social Book,’ Which Relies on Readers to Help Write It
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Single Again: 3 Doors Down – ‘Kryptonite’
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue
- Four Day Pop Up Cat Cafe! Don’t Miss It!
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Claims That Her ‘Hello Kitty’ Video is Racist
- Kim’s College: Tribeca Film Festival, No Kardashians In NJ & Pink Lyrics
- Joan Rivers Trash Talks Hostages, Clooney Stands Up For Obama & Khloe K Not Wanted In NJ: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!
- Justin Bieber Apologizes, Pleads Ignorance After Dishonorable Selfie In Japan