Madonna’s Best Live Television Performances
The buzz around Madonna‘s performance during half time of the Big Game is so loud we can hardly hear ourselves think. We’re also pretty certain it will pale in comparison to the noise made by the crowd at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on Sunday.
But before we look forward to Madonna’s half time show performance in front of the millions watching at home on February 5th, we decided to glance back in time to some of her past televised performances that helped cement her status as the Queen of Pop.
#5: “Hung Up” 2006 GRAMMYs
The 54th Annual Academy Awards will mark the fourth time Madonna has performed at the mecca of music award shows. But it was her third in 2006 that went above and beyond.
Madge began her performance accompanied by virtual alt rock band [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Gorillaz[/lastfm]… as a hologram.
Madonna (now in human form) picked up the pace by launching into her Top 10 hit “Hung Up” with the aid of some tightly choreographed dancers and blew the crowd (both in the Kodak Theatre and at home) away.
#4: “Sooner or Later” 63rd Academy Awards in 1991
Madonna borrowed the look of another blonde bombshell, Marilyn Monroe, at the 63rd Academy Awards in 1991 for her performance of “Sooner or Later.”
The song was featured in the film Dick Tracy, which she co-starred in with Warren Beatty (whom she also dated), and won composer Stephen Sondheim the Oscar for best original song.
#3: “Vogue” MTV VMAs in 1990
Madonna was trekking across the globe on her Blonde Ambition Tour when she made a stop at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1990. Dressed in her Marie Antoinette garb and backed by her tour dancers, the Material Girl put on a very regal performance of her hit “Vogue.”
Lip-synching never looked so elegant.
#2 “Express Yourself” MTV VMAs in 1989
Madonna’s performance of “Express Yourself” at the MTV Video Music Awards in 1989 was so simple yet had everything we could have asked for.
Dancing, light up stairs, lingerie… and a crotch grab.
Who would have thought that men’s business attire could look so enticing.
#1″Like a Virgin” MTV VMAs in 1984
The one that started it all. MTV was just a toddler and Madonna was one of the network’s big stars when the first VMAs launched in 1984.
Her performance of “Like a Virgin” became one of the most iconic of all time while making every man with a pulse wish they were that stage floor.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Ariana Grande Wants You to Drink More WAT-AAH!: See The Photos
- Mary Lambert Does One Mic, One Take Version of ‘So Far Away’ [Premiere]
- Mary J. Blige Turns Up the Dance Floor Heat with New Single, ‘Nobody But You': Listen
- Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Video Deemed ‘Dangerous’ by the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network
- Jay Z-Solange Elevator Fight Recreated on ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Episode
- Puff Daddy Raves About Former Girlfriend Jennifer Lopez’s Booty
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Enter To Win BIOTA Botanical Products
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’