Simon Cowell shook things up big time when he purged nearly every personality contracted to Season One of X-Factor by firing host Steve Jones and judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger.
You’re cool, L.A. Reid. You can stay.
Even if you were a big fan of that trio, the rumors surrounding their possible replacements will make you squeal with excitement.
Mariah Carey is a name Simon has been interested in for a while and desperately wanted to get her involved in season one. She was scheduled to take part in the judges’ home auditions, but Hurricane Irene kept her grounded.
Katy Perry and Simon aren’t strangers either. The California Gurl was a guest judge with Cowell on American Idol, where she showered runner-up Adam Lambert with praise.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Style Files: Beyoncé Curates Rent The Runway Boutique
- Carly Rae Jepsen Enlists Fans’ Help For New Song ‘Take A Picture’
- Blake Shelton Organizing Benefit Concert For Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- Jon Bon Jovi To Justin Bieber: ‘You’re an a**hole’
- Despite No New Music, One Direction Aims To Rule Summer With Book, 3-D Film & Tour
- On The Charts: Vampire Weekend’s Second No. 1 Album
- Backstreet’s Back: Charli XCX Covers ‘I Want It That Way’
- Sara Bareilles Set To Play LGBT Democratic Fundraiser In New York
- Producer Steve Lillywhite Attributes U2 Connection To Ian Curtis Death
- GLSEN Honors Jason Collins and Other LGBT Role Models