Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry Ordered to Take Parenting Classes
The custody battle between Halle Berry and baby-daddy Gabriel Aubry is not working out the way the Academy Award winning actress had hoped.
Berry had petitioned the court to dissolve the joint custody agreement with her ex-boyfriend, Gabriel Aubry, and make her the sole custodian of their three-year-old daughter Nahla. The request was made after a nanny for Nahla accused Aubry of pushing her while the child was in her arms.
In response, Aubry asked the judge to issue a restraining order against the nanny, claiming she is making up these accusations in order to aid Berry in their custody dispute.
Well, the the Los Angeles Department of Children & Family Services isn’t dissolving rights just yet. But they are recommending that Nahla seek professional counseling, and that her parents engage in parenting classes together.
In the meantime, and perhaps to win bonus points with the judge overseeing the custody case, Aubry has agreed to take anger management classes.
A social worker for the case interviewed both of Nahla’s parents on Friday, and told RadarOnline.com that the reasoning behind the joint interview “was to get these two in the same room and recognize that all of this fighting, is hurting their daughter. It was an emotionally charged interview as Gabriel feels that he can’t do anything right, and there is reason to believe his concerns. Social workers have written an extensive report that will be given to the judge for his consideration, and that report will recommend that no changes in custody be made. The report recommends that Halle and Gabriel attend parenting classes together, so that they can co-parent Nahla together. The classes will give them the tools to work through their issues, and hopefully become better parents for it.”
Sounds like L.A. County is being a better parent to Nahla than either of her super-pretty parents.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- We Can Survive: Find Out What Went Down
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Impact: Taylor Swift Reveals Her Pop Side on New Album ‘1989’
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay
- One Direction Announce 2015 Stadium Tour
- Iggy Azalea Takes on the Haters with ‘Iggy SZN': Listen
- Katy Perry Canceled 30th Birthday Celebration in Egypt Due to ‘Safety Concerns’