Sales of Al Green’s ‘Let’s Stay Together’ Go Through the Roof Thanks to Barack Obama
When President Barack Obama stopped by New York’s Apollo Theater last week for a fundraiser, he had a little fun and went a capella when he saw soul crooner [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Al Green[/lastfm] in the audience. He serenaded the crowd with a few lines from the Reverend’s classic hit “Let’s Stay Together,” the internet had some fun, and we thought that would be the end of it.
But to our surprise, he ended up putting a little extra change in Al Green’s pocket. Sales of “Let’s Stay Together” increased by 490%!
Drinks on Al!!!
Green’s track, which was originally released in 1971, sold over 16,000 downloads in the week ending January 22nd, a 490% increase from the previous week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The Prez even showed the Reverend some love by saying, “Don’t worry Rev, I cannot sing like you, but I just wanted to show my appreciation.”
Maybe Green needs to show Barack a little appreciation now. Take him out to dinner, or at least a nice “Thank You” card… you know, for the effort.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Looks You Need for Your Best Beauty Summer Ever
- Play Scrabble for the Lolz: Board Game Adds Thousands of New Words
- Nickelback Are Wanted By Australian Police for ‘Crimes Against Music’
- Jimmy Fallon & Pitbull Are Not Smarter Than a 5th Grader: Watch
- Adam Lambert’s New, Bittersweet Pop Sound Takes Hold on ‘The Original High’
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Bad Blood’ Video Broke Vevo’s Record for Most Views in 24 Hours