Sales of Al Green’s ‘Let’s Stay Together’ Go Through the Roof Thanks to Barack Obama
When President Barack Obama stopped by New York’s Apollo Theater last week for a fundraiser, he had a little fun and went a capella when he saw soul crooner [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Al Green[/lastfm] in the audience. He serenaded the crowd with a few lines from the Reverend’s classic hit “Let’s Stay Together,” the internet had some fun, and we thought that would be the end of it.
But to our surprise, he ended up putting a little extra change in Al Green’s pocket. Sales of “Let’s Stay Together” increased by 490%!
Drinks on Al!!!
Green’s track, which was originally released in 1971, sold over 16,000 downloads in the week ending January 22nd, a 490% increase from the previous week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The Prez even showed the Reverend some love by saying, “Don’t worry Rev, I cannot sing like you, but I just wanted to show my appreciation.”
Maybe Green needs to show Barack a little appreciation now. Take him out to dinner, or at least a nice “Thank You” card… you know, for the effort.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Listen to a Preview of Ariana Grande’s ‘Too Close’
- 7 Videos That Led Director Mark Romanek to Taylor Swift
- Stream a Preview of Ariana Grande’s New Album ‘My Everything’
- Q&A: Joel Madden of Madden Brothers and the New Revolution of ‘We Are Done’
- Sam Smith: Tinder is ‘Ruining Romance’
- NFL Asks Coldplay, Katy Perry & Rihanna to Pay to Play 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show