Tomorrow, January 24th, is the day Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International will be released. The four disc set includes covers from artists across all genres of music, from seasoned rockers like Pete Townshend (who covers Corrina, Corrina) and Sting to pop stars of today like [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Miley Cyrus[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Ke$ha[/lastfm].
Miley Cyrus just released a music video for the song “You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go,” from Dylan’s 1975 album, Blood on the Tracks.
Make the JUMP, watch the video, and tell us what you think!
Cyrus’s cover of “You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go” is one of seventy-three tracks included on the four-dsic set (seventy-six if you buy the digital download), whose earnings will be donated to the human rights organization Amnesty International.
Electro-pop star Ke$ha, best known for making the kids dance with dirty beats, catchy lyrics, glitter guns and auto-tune (*gasp*), strips away all of the studio excess found in much of today’s pop music and recorded a very raw version of Dylan’s “Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right,” off of his 1963 album The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan.
Tell us what you thought of each cover in the comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Passes To An Advanced Screening Of “Going In Style”
- Zayn Malik Drops New Track ‘Still Got Time’ Featuring PartyNextDoor
- Adele Pays Tribute to London Attack Victims
- Beyoncé Facetimes Fan Battling Stage 4 Cancer
- Chainsmokers, Keith Urban, Aerosmith to Play NCAA March Madness Music Festival
- 5 Costly Songwriting Similarities
- #TBT: What Throwback Group Just Got a Writing Credit for Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape Of You’?
- Fifth Harmony’s Lauren Jauregui Bares Almost All for Photo Shoot
- Artists Send Love to London after Parliament Attack
- Drake’s Latest Tattoo is a Portrait of an Iconic R&B Singer