Tomorrow, January 24th, is the day Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International will be released. The four disc set includes covers from artists across all genres of music, from seasoned rockers like Pete Townshend (who covers Corrina, Corrina) and Sting to pop stars of today like [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Miley Cyrus[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Ke$ha[/lastfm].
Miley Cyrus just released a music video for the song “You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go,” from Dylan’s 1975 album, Blood on the Tracks.
Make the JUMP, watch the video, and tell us what you think!
Cyrus’s cover of “You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go” is one of seventy-three tracks included on the four-dsic set (seventy-six if you buy the digital download), whose earnings will be donated to the human rights organization Amnesty International.
Electro-pop star Ke$ha, best known for making the kids dance with dirty beats, catchy lyrics, glitter guns and auto-tune (*gasp*), strips away all of the studio excess found in much of today’s pop music and recorded a very raw version of Dylan’s “Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right,” off of his 1963 album The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan.
Tell us what you thought of each cover in the comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Eva Longoria Performs Flo Rida’s ‘Low’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle’
- Sia, P!nk, Eddie Vedder Cover Beatles Songs in Netflix Series
- Halsey Hates Being Called ‘Tri-Bi’
- Gwen Stefani to Perform Live Music Video During GRAMMYs
- Protesters to Clash Over Beyoncé at NFL Headquarters
- Paul McCartney Creates Audio Mojis for Valentines Day
- Drake ‘Views from the 6′ Billboards Popping Up in Toronto
- A Few Kanye West Tweets You May Have Missed
- Ed Sheeran Gives Us His Best Eminem
- New Rihanna Mashup Puts Zayn Malik’s ‘Pillowtalk’ to ‘Work’