Madonna’s Backhanded Compliment To Lady Gaga
It’s common pop knowledge that [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Lady Gaga[/lastfm] goes out of her way to distance herself from [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Madonna[/lastfm]. The little monsters’ ringleader has reportedly gone as far as firing her choreographer/creative director over making a verbal comparison of the two.
Madonna on the other hands seems to go out of her way to compare herself to Gaga.
This week, according to Glamour, Madonna reveals on the BBC’s Graham Norton Show that she feels a connection to Gaga saying “When I first saw her I was really impressed by her. She was cool. She did remind me of me back in the day.”
In an interview with Newsweek Madonna compared “Express Yourself” to “Born This Way” saying “I thought, this is a wonderful way to redo my song. I mean, I recognized the chord changes. I thought it was . . . interesting.”
Ouch, talk about layering on the passive-aggressive compliments!
Regardless, music builds on music with one generation laying the tracks for the next. Their personae and stage acts are by design and being somewhat formulaic similarities are bound to exist. You can’t really blame Gaga, a young and still rising star for not wanting to compare herself to the somewhat pigeon-holed “former Queen of Pop” but you also can’t blame Madonna for wanting to associate herself with an insanely popular pop phenomenon with a shared fan base.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Watch Nick Jonas’ New Video for ‘Area Code’
- Taylor Swift Reveals Pain in Losing Grammy for ‘Red’: “I Cried a Little Bit”
- Justin Bieber May Sue Over Leaked Nude Photos
- One Direction Reveal the Name of Their Next Single
- Demi Lovato Fights Michelle Rodriguez in ‘Confident’ Music Video
- Sheryl Crow to Perform National Anthem at the First Democratic Debate
- Beyonce’s Dad Teaching A Course On How To Become Beyonce
- Is Taylor Swift Taking a Break From Music?
- Why Is No One Illegally Downloading Taylor Swift?
- Taylor Swift is Done with Public Feuds