It’s common pop knowledge that [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Lady Gaga[/lastfm] goes out of her way to distance herself from [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Madonna[/lastfm]. The little monsters’ ringleader has reportedly gone as far as firing her choreographer/creative director over making a verbal comparison of the two.
Madonna on the other hands seems to go out of her way to compare herself to Gaga.
This week, according to Glamour, Madonna reveals on the BBC’s Graham Norton Show that she feels a connection to Gaga saying “When I first saw her I was really impressed by her. She was cool. She did remind me of me back in the day.”
In an interview with Newsweek Madonna compared “Express Yourself” to “Born This Way” saying “I thought, this is a wonderful way to redo my song. I mean, I recognized the chord changes. I thought it was . . . interesting.”
Ouch, talk about layering on the passive-aggressive compliments!
Regardless, music builds on music with one generation laying the tracks for the next. Their personae and stage acts are by design and being somewhat formulaic similarities are bound to exist. You can’t really blame Gaga, a young and still rising star for not wanting to compare herself to the somewhat pigeon-holed “former Queen of Pop” but you also can’t blame Madonna for wanting to associate herself with an insanely popular pop phenomenon with a shared fan base.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lea Michele Announces Debut Album, Releases New Song ‘Cannonball’
- Behind the Song: Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’
- Do Better Looks Mean Better Grades For High School Students?
- Watch: Britney Spears Plugs Her Own Fragrance in ‘Perfume’ Video
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Battroborg 3-in-1 Battle Arena
- Live: Rod Stewart Brings Vegas to Madison Square Garden
- Queen Biopic Finds its Star in Ben Whishaw
- R. Kelly Defends Chris Brown, Drawing Parallel to Muhammad Ali, MLK and Jesus
- Justin Bieber Asks Fans to Donate to Typhoon Haiyan Relief, Raises $600,000+
- Ladies, What Would You Do? Your Husband Has Put 300,000 Christmas Lights on the House!