It’s common pop knowledge that [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Lady Gaga[/lastfm] goes out of her way to distance herself from [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Madonna[/lastfm]. The little monsters’ ringleader has reportedly gone as far as firing her choreographer/creative director over making a verbal comparison of the two.
Madonna on the other hands seems to go out of her way to compare herself to Gaga.
This week, according to Glamour, Madonna reveals on the BBC’s Graham Norton Show that she feels a connection to Gaga saying “When I first saw her I was really impressed by her. She was cool. She did remind me of me back in the day.”
In an interview with Newsweek Madonna compared “Express Yourself” to “Born This Way” saying “I thought, this is a wonderful way to redo my song. I mean, I recognized the chord changes. I thought it was . . . interesting.”
Ouch, talk about layering on the passive-aggressive compliments!
Regardless, music builds on music with one generation laying the tracks for the next. Their personae and stage acts are by design and being somewhat formulaic similarities are bound to exist. You can’t really blame Gaga, a young and still rising star for not wanting to compare herself to the somewhat pigeon-holed “former Queen of Pop” but you also can’t blame Madonna for wanting to associate herself with an insanely popular pop phenomenon with a shared fan base.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Brown Arrested Following Allegations of Threat with Gun
- Lena Dunham Discovers What Ariana Grande’s ‘Side to Side’ is About
- John Legend Proposes Changing National Anthem
- Jimmy Eat World Premiere New Song “Sure and Certain”
- Chris Brown Investigated by Police at Los Angeles Home
- Alicia Keys To Honor Clive Davis At 13th Annual Black Ball Benefit In NYC
- Flea, Tom Morello, Other Performers Pay Respects to Gene Wilder
- Apollonia Appears at ‘Purple Rain’ Celebration
- Sporty Spice Explains Why She Skipped the Spice Girls ‘Reunion’
- Justin Bieber Has Just Been Credited with Eight Guinness World Records