It’s common pop knowledge that [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Lady Gaga[/lastfm] goes out of her way to distance herself from [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Madonna[/lastfm]. The little monsters’ ringleader has reportedly gone as far as firing her choreographer/creative director over making a verbal comparison of the two.
Madonna on the other hands seems to go out of her way to compare herself to Gaga.
This week, according to Glamour, Madonna reveals on the BBC’s Graham Norton Show that she feels a connection to Gaga saying “When I first saw her I was really impressed by her. She was cool. She did remind me of me back in the day.”
In an interview with Newsweek Madonna compared “Express Yourself” to “Born This Way” saying “I thought, this is a wonderful way to redo my song. I mean, I recognized the chord changes. I thought it was . . . interesting.”
Ouch, talk about layering on the passive-aggressive compliments!
Regardless, music builds on music with one generation laying the tracks for the next. Their personae and stage acts are by design and being somewhat formulaic similarities are bound to exist. You can’t really blame Gaga, a young and still rising star for not wanting to compare herself to the somewhat pigeon-holed “former Queen of Pop” but you also can’t blame Madonna for wanting to associate herself with an insanely popular pop phenomenon with a shared fan base.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Have You Ever Received An Inappropriate Text Message at the Absolute Worst Time Ever?
- Paris Jackson Shares Photos with Godfather Macaulay Culkin
- Katy Perry Becomes Guy Fieri for Lookalike Day
- Bruno Mars Drops ‘That’s What I Like’ Remixes Featuring Gucci Mane, PARTYNEXTDOOR & Others
- Morris Day Shares ‘Over That Rainbow’ Video a Year after Prince Dies
- Zayn Malik and PARTYNEXTDOOR Release NSFW Video for ‘Still Got Time’
- Charlie Puth Debuts New Track ‘Attention’
- Prince: 12 Underrated Classics That Should Have Been Hits
- Jeffrey May Have To Do Something Super Awkward In Order To Adopt … What Is It?
- Beyoncé Wins Prestigious Peabody Award for ‘Lemonade’