Bob Dylan took the stage at the 17th Annual Critics Choice Awards last night and performed a fantastic, stripped-down version of his 1983 hit “Blind Willie McTell.”
The performance was part of a tribute to Martin Scorsese who was the recipient of the Music + Film award.
After a montage that highlighted his feature films, work in musical documentaries and introductions from Leonardo DiCaprio and Olivia Harrison, Bob Dylan wowed the crowed and received a long standing ovation.Vodpod videos no longer available.
Bob Dylan is definitely a hot commodity for awards shows who want to bring crowds to their feet. The same response was seen during the 2011 GRAMMY Awards, when Dylan was joined by [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Mumford and Sons[/lastfm] and the [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Avett Brothers[/lastfm].
Though I think most of the fun was had by the two bands who got to perform with the legendary folk singer, who were wearing their “Holy crap… we’re playing with BOB DYLAN!” faces.
“Such a great honor and an amazing performance by the great one, Bob Dylan,” Scorsese said before accepting his award.
The two aren’t strangers either. They worked together on No Direction Home, a documentary by Scorsese that follows the life of Bob Dylan and the impact he had on American popular music and culture. No Direction Home covers the years between Dylan’s arrival in New York in January of 1961 and his “retirement” from touring, following his motorcycle accident in July of 1966.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Florence + the Machine Share New Song, ‘Wish That You Were Here’
- Ellie Goulding Shares New Video for ‘Still Falling For You’
- Taylor Swift Wishes Blake Lively Happy Birthday, Koala Style
- Christina Grimmie Appears in Posthumously Released ‘Deception’ Video
- Kings of Leon Announce New Album ‘Walls’
- Katy Perry Feels Sorry for ‘Catfish’ Man
- Beyoncé Remembers Aaliyah
- Here’s the Full List of 2016 ‘MTV VMAs’ Performers
- ‘Stranger Things’ Actress Millie Bobby Brown Channels Amy Winehouse
- Nickelback Covered a Don Henley Song