Bob Dylan took the stage at the 17th Annual Critics Choice Awards last night and performed a fantastic, stripped-down version of his 1983 hit “Blind Willie McTell.”
The performance was part of a tribute to Martin Scorsese who was the recipient of the Music + Film award.
After a montage that highlighted his feature films, work in musical documentaries and introductions from Leonardo DiCaprio and Olivia Harrison, Bob Dylan wowed the crowed and received a long standing ovation.Vodpod videos no longer available.
Bob Dylan is definitely a hot commodity for awards shows who want to bring crowds to their feet. The same response was seen during the 2011 GRAMMY Awards, when Dylan was joined by [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Mumford and Sons[/lastfm] and the [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Avett Brothers[/lastfm].
Though I think most of the fun was had by the two bands who got to perform with the legendary folk singer, who were wearing their “Holy crap… we’re playing with BOB DYLAN!” faces.
“Such a great honor and an amazing performance by the great one, Bob Dylan,” Scorsese said before accepting his award.
The two aren’t strangers either. They worked together on No Direction Home, a documentary by Scorsese that follows the life of Bob Dylan and the impact he had on American popular music and culture. No Direction Home covers the years between Dylan’s arrival in New York in January of 1961 and his “retirement” from touring, following his motorcycle accident in July of 1966.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert
- Hanson’s Kids Star in Adorable ‘I Was Born’ Video
- #TeamTooMuch: You’ll Never Believe Mariah Carey’s Diva Demands On The Set Of Her New Film!
- ‘Despacito’ Beat Works on Every Pop Song. Here’s Proof.
- Actor Playing Michael Jackson in New Movie Responds to Criticism
- Niall Horan Peer Pressures Jimmy Fallon into Gangnam Style Dance
- Listen to Sia’s ‘Wonder Woman’ Anthem Featuring Labrinth
- Snippets from Katy Perry’s ‘Witness’ Reportedly Leak
- Halsey Drops ‘Strangers’ with Fifth Harmony’s Lauren Jauregui