Bob Dylan Performs ‘Blind Willie McTell’ at the Critics Choice Awards
Bob Dylan took the stage at the 17th Annual Critics Choice Awards last night and performed a fantastic, stripped-down version of his 1983 hit “Blind Willie McTell.”
The performance was part of a tribute to Martin Scorsese who was the recipient of the Music + Film award.
After a montage that highlighted his feature films, work in musical documentaries and introductions from Leonardo DiCaprio and Olivia Harrison, Bob Dylan wowed the crowed and received a long standing ovation.
Bob Dylan is definitely a hot commodity for awards shows who want to bring crowds to their feet. The same response was seen during the 2011 GRAMMY Awards, when Dylan was joined by [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Mumford and Sons[/lastfm] and the [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Avett Brothers[/lastfm].
Though I think most of the fun was had by the two bands who got to perform with the legendary folk singer, who were wearing their “Holy crap… we’re playing with BOB DYLAN!” faces.
“Such a great honor and an amazing performance by the great one, Bob Dylan,” Scorsese said before accepting his award.
The two aren’t strangers either. They worked together on No Direction Home, a documentary by Scorsese that follows the life of Bob Dylan and the impact he had on American popular music and culture. No Direction Home covers the years between Dylan’s arrival in New York in January of 1961 and his “retirement” from touring, following his motorcycle accident in July of 1966.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell Releases ‘Social Book,’ Which Relies on Readers to Help Write It
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Single Again: 3 Doors Down – ‘Kryptonite’
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue
- Four Day Pop Up Cat Cafe! Don’t Miss It!
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Claims That Her ‘Hello Kitty’ Video is Racist
- Kim’s College: Tribeca Film Festival, No Kardashians In NJ & Pink Lyrics
- Joan Rivers Trash Talks Hostages, Clooney Stands Up For Obama & Khloe K Not Wanted In NJ: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!
- Justin Bieber Apologizes, Pleads Ignorance After Dishonorable Selfie In Japan