It’s a touchy subject…
Your boyfriend’s parents give you an incredibly tacky Christmas present and you want to return it for something else… what do you do?
You can keep it and suck it up to keep the peace. You can return it without their knowledge and get what you want. Or you can tell them that you don’t like it and ask them to take it back and get you what you want.
That’s Jess’ dilemma and she emailed us to ask for advice…
Here is Jess’ email…
“Hi Jim and Kim,
Now that the dust is finally settling from all the Christmas craziness, I have a question about a gift I got from my boyfriend’s parents.They gave me a very expensive necklace that might actually be the ugliest thing I’ve ever seen. It’s yellow gold with beads and multi-colored stones all around it and I absolutely hate it. Of course I didn’t tell them that, but I’ll never wear it and, what’s more, if I returned it, I could get what I really want — a pair of diamond earrings that I’ve had my eye on all year but couldn’t afford. So I guess my question is this: Can I get rid of the necklace and get what I really want … or do I just suck it up and keep the darn thing?
So we decided to give Jess a call and get all the dirty details…
Then we turned it over to you guys to give Jess the proper advice…Susan and Sharon both said to get the boyfriend involved…
And Anjelica says that lying is the best way to get out of this sticky situation…
What about YOU? Have you ever had this problem? Let us know what you did to make it all better in the comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bruno Mars to Join Coldplay for Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Kanye West Wants 1,200 Paid Extras for MSG Show
- Win Tickets To The Play Fair
- Queen’s ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ Sets the Tone in New Super Bowl Ad
- Nick Jonas Talks Lady Gaga Inspiration and New Album
- Adele Shares a Photo of When She Was Young
- A Bob Marley Cannabis Strain will be Released on His Birthday
- Rihanna Will Perform at the GRAMMYs
- Rihanna’s Rider: Bitch Better Have My Cheetos (Both Kinds)
- Madonna Performs ‘Take a Bow’ for the First Time in 20 Years