Katy Perry Comments On Her Divorce From Russell Brand
Pop princess Katy Perry recently broke her silence regarding her divorce with Russell Brand on Saturday through her Twitter page!
What did she have to say? Find out HERE!
On Saturday, Katy tweeted:
…and followed up with:
Her soon-to-be ex-husband has not publicly commented since filing for divorce. About a month before the split he told TV host Ellen DeGeneres “I am really happily married.”
“I’m married to Katy,” he continued. “Perpetually, until death do us part was the pledge. I’m still alive.”
Brand filed for divorce on December 30th. The couple got married in India way back in October 2010.
While it’s incredibly common in Hollywood for celebrity marriages to NOT last until death parts them, some Hindu spiritual leaders are taking Russell and Katy’s divorce very hard…
“They should have taken marriage more seriously as it is a sacred rite in Hinduism,” Rajan Zed, president of the Universal Society of Hinduism told WENN. “In Hinduism, marriage is the most important sacrament. If celebrities opt for a Hindu wedding, they should be prepared to adhere to the commitment, devotion, responsibility, sanctity and morals, which are attached to it.”
Yeah, Katy and Russell. Take THAT!
As a little bonus, Jimmy Fallon spoofed the couple on his TV show:
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You
- Michael Bublé Is in Hot Water with the Internet, Accused of Body Shaming Woman on Instagram
- Anna Kendrick Gets An Assist from JLo’s Booty on ‘Lip Sync Battle’
- The Weeknd, Deadmau5 and Bassnectar to Headline Summer Set Music Festival
- James Taylor Announces First U.S. Tour Dates For New Album, ‘Before This World’