Pop princess Katy Perry recently broke her silence regarding her divorce with Russell Brand on Saturday through her Twitter page!
What did she have to say? Find out HERE!
On Saturday, Katy tweeted:
…and followed up with:
Her soon-to-be ex-husband has not publicly commented since filing for divorce. About a month before the split he told TV host Ellen DeGeneres “I am really happily married.”
“I’m married to Katy,” he continued. “Perpetually, until death do us part was the pledge. I’m still alive.”
Brand filed for divorce on December 30th. The couple got married in India way back in October 2010.
While it’s incredibly common in Hollywood for celebrity marriages to NOT last until death parts them, some Hindu spiritual leaders are taking Russell and Katy’s divorce very hard…
“They should have taken marriage more seriously as it is a sacred rite in Hinduism,” Rajan Zed, president of the Universal Society of Hinduism told WENN. “In Hinduism, marriage is the most important sacrament. If celebrities opt for a Hindu wedding, they should be prepared to adhere to the commitment, devotion, responsibility, sanctity and morals, which are attached to it.”
Yeah, Katy and Russell. Take THAT!
As a little bonus, Jimmy Fallon spoofed the couple on his TV show:Vodpod videos no longer available.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Paul McCartney Treats Minneapolis Crowd to Prince’s ‘Let’s Go Crazy’
- Demi Lovato Unleashes Twitter Rant for the Books
- Beyoncé Adds Seven Dates to Formation Tour
- ‘Hamilton’ Creator Sings with J.J. Abrams to Honor Star Wars Day
- Prince Group The Family Re-Release ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ With Video
- Justin Bieber Flexes at Brooklyn Concert
- Watch James Corden Carpool Karaoke with Gwen Stefani, George Clooney & Julia Roberts
- Janet Jackson Drops Video for ‘Dammn Baby’
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Drop New Track ‘Dark Necessities,’ Album Details
- Drake to Host & Perform on ‘Saturday Night Live’