Katy Perry Comments On Her Divorce From Russell Brand
Pop princess Katy Perry recently broke her silence regarding her divorce with Russell Brand on Saturday through her Twitter page!
What did she have to say? Find out HERE!
On Saturday, Katy tweeted:
…and followed up with:
Her soon-to-be ex-husband has not publicly commented since filing for divorce. About a month before the split he told TV host Ellen DeGeneres “I am really happily married.”
“I’m married to Katy,” he continued. “Perpetually, until death do us part was the pledge. I’m still alive.”
Brand filed for divorce on December 30th. The couple got married in India way back in October 2010.
While it’s incredibly common in Hollywood for celebrity marriages to NOT last until death parts them, some Hindu spiritual leaders are taking Russell and Katy’s divorce very hard…
“They should have taken marriage more seriously as it is a sacred rite in Hinduism,” Rajan Zed, president of the Universal Society of Hinduism told WENN. “In Hinduism, marriage is the most important sacrament. If celebrities opt for a Hindu wedding, they should be prepared to adhere to the commitment, devotion, responsibility, sanctity and morals, which are attached to it.”
Yeah, Katy and Russell. Take THAT!
As a little bonus, Jimmy Fallon spoofed the couple on his TV show:
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Fans Call for Beyoncé to Boycott Dress Designer After Supposed Racist Comment
- Hozier Soundtracks LeBron James’ Return to Akron: Watch
- Interview: Gavin Rossdale on Bush, Gwen & Being Young and Dumb
- Taylor Swift Announces New Song ‘Welcome to New York': Listen to a Preview
- Coldplay to Release Live Album, DVD Called ‘Ghost Stories Live 2014′ This November
- Gwen Stefani Just Wants a Little Honesty on New Track, ‘Baby Don’t Lie': Listen
- Live: Lana Del Rey Slays at Hollywood Forever Cemetery
- Bono’s Sunglasses Are Not a Fashion Statement — He Has Glaucoma
- Mumford & Sons Back in the Studio for Third Album with Arctic Monkeys Producer James Ford
- Paramount Acquires Rights to Steamy Fanfiction Starring Harry Styles