Katy Perry Comments On Her Divorce From Russell Brand
Pop princess Katy Perry recently broke her silence regarding her divorce with Russell Brand on Saturday through her Twitter page!
What did she have to say? Find out HERE!
On Saturday, Katy tweeted:
…and followed up with:
Her soon-to-be ex-husband has not publicly commented since filing for divorce. About a month before the split he told TV host Ellen DeGeneres “I am really happily married.”
“I’m married to Katy,” he continued. “Perpetually, until death do us part was the pledge. I’m still alive.”
Brand filed for divorce on December 30th. The couple got married in India way back in October 2010.
While it’s incredibly common in Hollywood for celebrity marriages to NOT last until death parts them, some Hindu spiritual leaders are taking Russell and Katy’s divorce very hard…
“They should have taken marriage more seriously as it is a sacred rite in Hinduism,” Rajan Zed, president of the Universal Society of Hinduism told WENN. “In Hinduism, marriage is the most important sacrament. If celebrities opt for a Hindu wedding, they should be prepared to adhere to the commitment, devotion, responsibility, sanctity and morals, which are attached to it.”
Yeah, Katy and Russell. Take THAT!
As a little bonus, Jimmy Fallon spoofed the couple on his TV show:
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Freddie Mercury Gets a Good Laugh at Kanye West’s Cover of ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- Andrew McMahon Sings Stories for His Daughter on ‘Cecilia and the Satellite’
- Good News AC/DC Fans, You Can Now Stream The Band’s Catalog on Apple Music
- ‘Terminator 2′ is an Adorable Movie When Voiced by Children
- Enrique Iglesias’ Summer: From Smearing Blood on Himself to Minor Traffic Violations
- 13 Funniest Tweets on the Disastrous #AskELJames Twitter Q&A
- Rihanna’s Bad Girl BET Awards Moment Was Completely Staged, Obviously
- ‘I Am Chris Farley’ Documentary Trailer Might Make You Tear Up: Watch
- Tom Cruise Could Be Flying Drones in ‘Top Gun’ Sequel
- Jon Stewart Reaching Out to Conservative Foes for Final Show