Katy Perry Comments On Her Divorce From Russell Brand
Pop princess Katy Perry recently broke her silence regarding her divorce with Russell Brand on Saturday through her Twitter page!
What did she have to say? Find out HERE!
On Saturday, Katy tweeted:
…and followed up with:
Her soon-to-be ex-husband has not publicly commented since filing for divorce. About a month before the split he told TV host Ellen DeGeneres “I am really happily married.”
“I’m married to Katy,” he continued. “Perpetually, until death do us part was the pledge. I’m still alive.”
Brand filed for divorce on December 30th. The couple got married in India way back in October 2010.
While it’s incredibly common in Hollywood for celebrity marriages to NOT last until death parts them, some Hindu spiritual leaders are taking Russell and Katy’s divorce very hard…
“They should have taken marriage more seriously as it is a sacred rite in Hinduism,” Rajan Zed, president of the Universal Society of Hinduism told WENN. “In Hinduism, marriage is the most important sacrament. If celebrities opt for a Hindu wedding, they should be prepared to adhere to the commitment, devotion, responsibility, sanctity and morals, which are attached to it.”
Yeah, Katy and Russell. Take THAT!
As a little bonus, Jimmy Fallon spoofed the couple on his TV show:
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Enter to Win: One Direction at MetLife Stadium
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Metallica Plan Reissues of ‘Ride the Lightning,’ ‘Master of Puppets’
- Imagine Dragons Welcome LeBron James Back to Cleveland with ‘I Bet My Life': Watch
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub