It seemed like such an innocent question this morning. But the more I talked about my penchant for playing with my sisters’ Barbie dolls, the bigger the hole I dug for myself. We never pushed gender-specific toys on my son. He just naturally gravitated toward the boy-type toys. He was a rambunctious boy…he could jump on the couch for hours…and that was long before Tom Cruise made it fashionable!
The reason we even started talking about toys and what boys and girls play with when they are young is because of a little girl named Riley. She has become an Internet sensation after railing against toy makers for pushing little girls towards all that is pink…
And the best part? She’s just so earnest about her objections…
And when I tried to explain how I used to play with my sister’s Barbies, I wound up embarrassing myself completely… But Jaul called to say that what he played with when he was just 3-years old – a traditionally “little girl toy” – shaped his future career…
What about YOU? What toys of your siblings did you play with as a kid? Let us know inthe comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- OneRepublic Duet with Teen Fan Who Overcame Brain Surgery
- Artists Share Solar Eclipse Photos, Jokes
- Britney Spears Blasts Media, Covers Bonnie Raitt in Vegas
- Nick Jonas Wishes Demi Lovato a Happy Birthday with Adorable Throwback Photo
- Taylor Swift Shares Mysterious Video on Social Media
- JAY-Z Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington
- Harry Styles Gets His Own BBC Special
- FM Magazine: James Beard Foundation
- Ed Sheeran to Play Washington Living Room
- Chance the Rapper, Chris Martin Brighten Sick Fan’s Day