It seemed like such an innocent question this morning. But the more I talked about my penchant for playing with my sisters’ Barbie dolls, the bigger the hole I dug for myself. We never pushed gender-specific toys on my son. He just naturally gravitated toward the boy-type toys. He was a rambunctious boy…he could jump on the couch for hours…and that was long before Tom Cruise made it fashionable!
The reason we even started talking about toys and what boys and girls play with when they are young is because of a little girl named Riley. She has become an Internet sensation after railing against toy makers for pushing little girls towards all that is pink…
And the best part? She’s just so earnest about her objections…
And when I tried to explain how I used to play with my sister’s Barbies, I wound up embarrassing myself completely… But Jaul called to say that what he played with when he was just 3-years old – a traditionally “little girl toy” – shaped his future career…
What about YOU? What toys of your siblings did you play with as a kid? Let us know inthe comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- A Great Big World Struggle with MS on ‘Won’t Stop Running’
- Watch Radiohead Perform ‘Creep’ Live for the First Time in 7 Years
- P!nk Turns Pink During Johnny Depp Surprise
- Chewbacca Mom Gets a Lesson from J.J. Abrams: Watch
- Paul McCartney Calls Kanye West a Monster
- Kelly Osbourne Fires Shots at Ozzy’s Alleged Mistress
- Kanye and Kim Celebrate Their 2nd Wedding Anniversary
- Drake’s ‘Views’ Obliterates Streaming Records
- Beyoncé Weathers Lightning Storm, Pays Tribute to Prince in Minneapolis
- Kanye West Accused of Plagiarism to Tune of $2.5 Million