It seemed like such an innocent question this morning. But the more I talked about my penchant for playing with my sisters’ Barbie dolls, the bigger the hole I dug for myself. We never pushed gender-specific toys on my son. He just naturally gravitated toward the boy-type toys. He was a rambunctious boy…he could jump on the couch for hours…and that was long before Tom Cruise made it fashionable!
The reason we even started talking about toys and what boys and girls play with when they are young is because of a little girl named Riley. She has become an Internet sensation after railing against toy makers for pushing little girls towards all that is pink…
And the best part? She’s just so earnest about her objections…
And when I tried to explain how I used to play with my sister’s Barbies, I wound up embarrassing myself completely… But Jaul called to say that what he played with when he was just 3-years old – a traditionally “little girl toy” – shaped his future career…
What about YOU? What toys of your siblings did you play with as a kid? Let us know inthe comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Miley Cyrus on ‘The Voice’: Not for Sob Stories, but to Find Great Talent
- The Weeknd Murders His Former Self in ‘Starboy’ Music Video
- Carson and Cane: Intern Anthony Spreads Love To Complete Strangers
- Kiiara on Her ‘Gold’ Message: ‘You Don’t Owe Anyone Anything’
- Eminem, Diplo, Florida Georgia Line Team Up for NFL Team T-shirt Line
- Sia Shares ‘The Greatest’ Video in Praise of Hillary Clinton’s ‘Stamina’
- Ed Sheeran Purchases Pig Statue of Himself
- Firing Diddy: Uptown Records CEO Andre Harrell on Firing His Intern, Sean Combs
- Madonna Gets Naked to ‘Vote with Katy Perry’ in Support of Clinton
- Andrew McMahon’s ‘Fire Escape’ Video Stars Two Lovable Dancing Balloons