Last.fm Trends: A New Collaboration For Beyonce and Jay-Z
The graph above (click to enlarge) shows the couple’s scrobbles over the past nine months, with Beyoncé’s 4 gaining her a peak of over 700,000 plays in one week. Jay-Z meanwhile hit his peak with Kanye West, reaching almost 800,000 weekly scrobbles in May – but we’re sure it’s his latest collaboration that means more.
As for some tracks to celebrate the arrival, B’s “Baby Boy” was co-written with Jay-Z and has 128,783 listeners to date, although it didn’t quite predict Blue Ivy’s gender. Given the unpredictable nature of childcare, Jay-Z may have to “Change Clothes” more often: that track has seen 159,779 listeners so far. But of course, we’re hoping it will be “Sweet Dreams” for the new family, and its 459,097 listeners are sure to agree.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Enter to Win: One Direction at MetLife Stadium
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Metallica Plan Reissues of ‘Ride the Lightning,’ ‘Master of Puppets’
- Imagine Dragons Welcome LeBron James Back to Cleveland with ‘I Bet My Life': Watch
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub