On January 4, 1960, local Athens artist and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]R.E.M.[/lastfm] front man[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Michael Stipe[/lastfm] was born in Decatur, Georgia.
Although he lived in various places as he moved around with his Military dad, he ended up back in Georgia when he enrolled at the University of Georgia in Athens. It was there that he met Peter Buck, Bill Berry and Mike Mills and formed R.E.M.
R.E.M.’s first TV appearance on David Letterman, 1983, performing their first single, “Radio Free Europe.”
Stipe has collaborated with Natalie Merchant, Peter Gabriel, Chris Martin, Placebo and the New York Dolls.
Michael Stipe performs “Red Rain” with Peter Gabriel and Natalie Merchant.
R.E.M. performing “Wichita Lineman”
R.E.M. on Sesame Street performing “Furry Happy Monsters”
R.E.M. stayed together until just this past September, 2011.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Aaron Carter Thinks He’ll End Up with a Woman
- Lorde Strips Down ‘Melodrama’ for Intimate Performance
- The Muppets Detail First-Ever Full-Length Live Shows
- Paramore’s Hayley Williams Plays John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ on a Casio
- Bonnie Tyler to Perform ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ During Solar Eclipse
- Rihanna Taps Calvin Harris for Third Annual Diamond Ball
- Ariana Grande Manchester Concert Bombing Victims to Receive $324K Each
- P!nk Debuts ‘What About Us’ Video
- Artists React to Trump’s Blaming ‘Both Sides’ for Charlottesville Violence
- Chris Brown On Rihanna Assault: ‘That’s Going to Haunt Me Forever’
- Thirty Seconds to Mars Ask Fans for ‘Walk on Water’ Artwork Ideas
- Ray Romano Can Vacation Anywhere, But He Chooses LBI
- P!nk to Receive Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at 2017 VMAs
- Phillip Phillips & Wife Recall the First Time They Met
- Justin Bieber Predicts Floyd Mayweather Won’t Knock Out Connor McGregor