On January 4, 1960, local Athens artist and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]R.E.M.[/lastfm] front man[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Michael Stipe[/lastfm] was born in Decatur, Georgia.
Although he lived in various places as he moved around with his Military dad, he ended up back in Georgia when he enrolled at the University of Georgia in Athens. It was there that he met Peter Buck, Bill Berry and Mike Mills and formed R.E.M.
R.E.M.’s first TV appearance on David Letterman, 1983, performing their first single, “Radio Free Europe.”
Stipe has collaborated with Natalie Merchant, Peter Gabriel, Chris Martin, Placebo and the New York Dolls.
Michael Stipe performs “Red Rain” with Peter Gabriel and Natalie Merchant.
R.E.M. performing “Wichita Lineman”
R.E.M. on Sesame Street performing “Furry Happy Monsters”
R.E.M. stayed together until just this past September, 2011.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- U2’s Adam Clayton Says ‘Songs of Experience’ Will Be Out This Year
- Justin Bieber’s 5 Best Beefs
- Karen and Jeffrey Reveal the One Simple Trick To Make You Irresistible To Men
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Talks Potential EGOT
- Michael Jackson’s Daughter Paris Claims He Was Murdered
- The Britney Spears Biopic Trailer is Here
- Fifth Harmony, Carly Rae Jepsen, Nick Jonas Set for NHL All-Star Game
- The Weeknd’s Albums and Mixtapes Ranked
- Justin Timberlake, Lin-Manuel Miranda Nominated for Oscars
- FM Magazine: China Institute Celebrates Chinese New Year 2017
- 8 Year-Old Drummer Slays Twenty One Pilots Songs
- Lady Gaga’s Next Album May Drop This Year
- Britney Spears Waited 5 Months to Call Boyfriend Sam Asghari
- Sean Spicer Fact Checked Back to Beyoncé
- The Weeknd Subtly Jabs Justin Bieber Over ‘Wack’ Insult