On January 4, 1960, local Athens artist and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]R.E.M.[/lastfm] front man[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Michael Stipe[/lastfm] was born in Decatur, Georgia.
Although he lived in various places as he moved around with his Military dad, he ended up back in Georgia when he enrolled at the University of Georgia in Athens. It was there that he met Peter Buck, Bill Berry and Mike Mills and formed R.E.M.
R.E.M.’s first TV appearance on David Letterman, 1983, performing their first single, “Radio Free Europe.”
Stipe has collaborated with Natalie Merchant, Peter Gabriel, Chris Martin, Placebo and the New York Dolls.
Michael Stipe performs “Red Rain” with Peter Gabriel and Natalie Merchant.
R.E.M. performing “Wichita Lineman”
R.E.M. on Sesame Street performing “Furry Happy Monsters”
R.E.M. stayed together until just this past September, 2011.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Critiqued by Animated Pets
- Lana Del Rey Taps Stevie Nicks for New Track: Report
- Katy Perry’s New Single ‘Bon Appétit’ Features Migos
- Katy Perry, Haim & LCD Soundsystem Set for ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Ed Sheeran Spends Time with Terminally Ill 6-Year-Old Fan
- Drake World’s Most Popular Artist, Has Award to Prove It
- #DumbB*tchBaseball: Jeffrey Learns About The Yankees & Red Sox Rivalry
- Kelly Clarkson Turns 35 with Harry Potter-Themed Birthday Celebration
- Watch Adam Levine Honor Christina Grimmie with ‘Hey Jude’ Performance
- Who Would Be The Best Phone Sex Operator? Karen Or Jeffrey?
- Prince’s Former Toronto Home Up for Sale
- John Legend Speaks Out Against President Trump
- Demi Lovato Posts Photo from Time 100 Gala
- #JesusFixIt: When Was The Last Time You Had a Good, Ugly Cry?
- Selena Gomez Debuts Short Haircut