Happy Birthday To Beatles Producer George Martin
[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]George Martin[/lastfm], retired producer for The Beatles, celebrates his 86th birthday today!
It was 1962 when Brian Epstein, manager for[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Beatles[/lastfm], then unknowns, brought a demo of the band to producer George Martin. Martin liked them, but wasn’t crazy about their drummer,[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Pete Best[/lastfm]. When the band heard this, they replace Best with the drummer that had been his “fill-in” at gigs, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Ringo Starr[/lastfm].
On The Beatles’ first single, “Love Me Do,” that’s not even Ringo playing. They used a studio drummer, because Martin didn’t even have time to audition Ringo before cutting the record. But that was the last time you didn’t hear Ringo on a Beatle record. Martin really liked Ringo’s “super-steady beat” and the sound it gave the records.
For more George Martin trivia, go through the photo gallery!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyoncé and Jay Z Bought ‘The Big Lebowski’ Mansion
- See X-Ambassadors Up Close And Personal In NYC
- Is Avril Lavigne Making A Country Album?
- A Great Big World Reveal the Title For their New Album
- Selena Gomez On Intimate, Authentic ‘Revival’
- Watch Nick Jonas’ New Video for ‘Area Code’
- Taylor Swift Reveals Pain in Losing Grammy for ‘Red’: “I Cried a Little Bit”
- Justin Bieber May Sue Over Leaked Nude Photos
- One Direction Reveal the Name of Their Next Single
- Demi Lovato Fights Michelle Rodriguez in ‘Confident’ Music Video