I bet Miss Manners never got this question!!
But this sticky etiquette issue actually came up for me over the Christmas holidays. That’s what happens when you leave the confines of your West Village neighborhood filled with novelists and artsy people, and head down south to Texas for Christmas Eve dinner.
Down there, y’all, ‘shooting someone’s dinner’ is something to brag about…
My dad grew up in Ridgewood, Queens but moved to Dallas years ago. This year, for Christmas Eve, we went to his friend’s house for dinner… a very nice house, high class with the champagne flowing and a choice of meats… including venison that someone at the party contributed with his own hands and a firearm!
So I needed a little etiquette advice about what to do and Linda provided me with a little white lie to tell to get out of it…
Joe is a rough and tumble guy and had a suggestion about how I should enjoy that pre-shot venison…
And Dora is a member of my “picky eater club”…
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Linkin Park Cancel ‘One More Light’ Tour
- The Script Detail New Album ‘Freedom Child,’ Announce Tour Dates
- Louis Tomlinson Debuts ‘Back to You’ Video Featuring Bebe Rexha
- Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds Shares Emotional Anti-Bullying Message
- 5 Best Songs on Lana Del Rey’s ‘Lust for Life’
- Madam Tussauds Yanks Beyoncé Waxwork Amid Criticism
- Taylor Swift Wins Legal Victory in Assault Case
- Justin Bieber Banned from China for ‘Bad Behavior’
- Louis Tomlinson’s ‘Back to You’ Influenced by Arctic Monkeys
- Win $1,000 in Summer Cash with the Fresh Artist of the Week