Etiquette Question: What Do You Do When Someone Proudly Tells You They ‘Shot Your Dinner?!’
I bet Miss Manners never got this question!!
But this sticky etiquette issue actually came up for me over the Christmas holidays. That’s what happens when you leave the confines of your West Village neighborhood filled with novelists and artsy people, and head down south to Texas for Christmas Eve dinner.
Down there, y’all, ‘shooting someone’s dinner’ is something to brag about…
My dad grew up in Ridgewood, Queens but moved to Dallas years ago. This year, for Christmas Eve, we went to his friend’s house for dinner… a very nice house, high class with the champagne flowing and a choice of meats… including venison that someone at the party contributed with his own hands and a firearm!
So I needed a little etiquette advice about what to do and Linda provided me with a little white lie to tell to get out of it…
Joe is a rough and tumble guy and had a suggestion about how I should enjoy that pre-shot venison…
And Dora is a member of my “picky eater club”…
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Watch Beyoncé Make It Clear, She’s Not Bossy, She’s The Boss
- Justin Bieber’s Wink at the End of His Deposition Could Tear This World Asunder
- Lily Allen Reveals ‘Sheezus’ Release Date, New Song ‘Our Time’
- Kim’s College: Kristen Bell’s Latest Movie, Ghost Stories & Leo Lies!
- Anger Management On FX, Six Degrees Of Kevin Bacon & Justin Bieber Back At It: It’s The Hollywood Hotsheet!
- This Week On FM Magazine: HELP USA
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling