I bet Miss Manners never got this question!!
But this sticky etiquette issue actually came up for me over the Christmas holidays. That’s what happens when you leave the confines of your West Village neighborhood filled with novelists and artsy people, and head down south to Texas for Christmas Eve dinner.
Down there, y’all, ‘shooting someone’s dinner’ is something to brag about…
My dad grew up in Ridgewood, Queens but moved to Dallas years ago. This year, for Christmas Eve, we went to his friend’s house for dinner… a very nice house, high class with the champagne flowing and a choice of meats… including venison that someone at the party contributed with his own hands and a firearm!
So I needed a little etiquette advice about what to do and Linda provided me with a little white lie to tell to get out of it…
Joe is a rough and tumble guy and had a suggestion about how I should enjoy that pre-shot venison…
And Dora is a member of my “picky eater club”…
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Zayn Malik’s Sophomore Album Has ‘More Optimistic Tone’
- Gwen Stefani Still Thinks Blake Shelton’s a Winner
- Chris Cornell’s Wife Vicky Shares Letter to Late Husband
- Kim Kardashian Wishes Kanye West a Happy Anniversary
- Ariana Grande Officially Suspends Dangerous Woman Tour Dates
- Nicki Minaj Won’t ‘Operate in Fear’ After Manchester Bombing
- Nick Jonas Decides to Convey Positivity on New Music
- Justin Bieber Fans Want Him To Cancel U.K. Show Over Safety Concerns
- Elton John Makes First Appearance Since Illness to Praise Music Videos
- Norah Jones Honors Chris Cornell with Performance of ‘Black Hole Sun’