Etiquette Question: What Do You Do When Someone Proudly Tells You They ‘Shot Your Dinner?!’
I bet Miss Manners never got this question!!
But this sticky etiquette issue actually came up for me over the Christmas holidays. That’s what happens when you leave the confines of your West Village neighborhood filled with novelists and artsy people, and head down south to Texas for Christmas Eve dinner.
Down there, y’all, ‘shooting someone’s dinner’ is something to brag about…
My dad grew up in Ridgewood, Queens but moved to Dallas years ago. This year, for Christmas Eve, we went to his friend’s house for dinner… a very nice house, high class with the champagne flowing and a choice of meats… including venison that someone at the party contributed with his own hands and a firearm!
So I needed a little etiquette advice about what to do and Linda provided me with a little white lie to tell to get out of it…
Joe is a rough and tumble guy and had a suggestion about how I should enjoy that pre-shot venison…
And Dora is a member of my “picky eater club”…
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Single Again: Semisonic – ‘Closing Time’
- Miley Cyrus and 5 Other Musicians Who’ve Used Award Shows as Protest Signs
- Justin Bieber Compares Himself to Princess Diana After Being Rear-Ended By Paparazzi
- Miley Cyrus Lashes Out at Media For Going After Her Homeless VMA Date, Jesse Helt
- Miley Cyrus’ Homeless VMA Date, Jesse Helt, Has an Arrest Warrant
- Justin Bieber Accused of Attempted Robbery at Dave & Buster’s
- Justin Bieber Covers Johnny Cash’s ‘Ring of Fire': Watch
- Scott Weiland Imposter Allegedly Fronts Stone Temple Pilots Cover Band
- Win Tickets To See Colbie Caillat At Fresh’s Up Close & Personal
- Charli XCX Goes Back to School in ‘Break the Rules’ Video: Watch