It’s one of the best-known songs ever written, and is performed by millions of people around the world every year, but “Auld Lang Syne” remains one of the least scrobbled songs of the festive season.
Last.fm Trends looks at some of its star performers.
Mariah Carey is perhaps best-known for her takes on Christmas classics, and last year dropped “Auld Lang Syne” as a single. But despite the millions of pays she’s had for hits past the song still hasn’t seen more than 40,000 plays from her fans on Last.fm.
Even Barenaked Ladies do a little better. The song was slipped onto their album Barenaked for the Holidays, and has tip-toed past 42,000 in the last few days.
But the most-played version according to Last.fm’s data is by Ohio rockers Relient K. Before New Year’s Eve 2011 the song had made it past 57,000 plays making it the most popular among the hundreds of versions in Last.fm’s catalogue.
Even that’s a tiny amount though. It seems to prove that some songs just sound a bit better when you’re all holding hands and mumbling along to the verses.
Whoever you ring in the New Year with, have a good one. Happy New Year from all at Last.fm.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bruno Mars Brings The Party with ’24K Magic’ [Interview]
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Fearless’ Continued Her Country Reign
- Dr. Luke Disputes Aspects of Kesha’s New York Times Profile
- Katy Perry Shades Taylor Swift at Kanye West Concert
- Kesha Has Written 22 New Songs
- Jay Z Bids on Prince’s Unreleased Music: Report
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘Prankster Parent’
- Sia’s Theatrical Arena Spectacle Dazzles
- This Week on FM Magazine: Halloween Events at the Bronx Zoo
- Justin Timberlake Could Have Gone To Jail For Taking a Ballot Selfie While Voting
- Watch an Epic Pentatonix Version of ‘Hallelujah’
- Mariah Carey Cancels South American Dates
- Adele Voices Support for Hillary Clinton During Miami Concert
- Lady Gaga Joins James Corden for ‘Carpool Karaoke’
- Katy Perry Celebrates Birthday by Casting Early Vote for Clinton