Last.fm Trends Remembers An Auld Acquaintance
It’s one of the best-known songs ever written, and is performed by millions of people around the world every year, but “Auld Lang Syne” remains one of the least scrobbled songs of the festive season.
Last.fm Trends looks at some of its star performers.
Mariah Carey is perhaps best-known for her takes on Christmas classics, and last year dropped “Auld Lang Syne” as a single. But despite the millions of pays she’s had for hits past the song still hasn’t seen more than 40,000 plays from her fans on Last.fm.
Even Barenaked Ladies do a little better. The song was slipped onto their album Barenaked for the Holidays, and has tip-toed past 42,000 in the last few days.
But the most-played version according to Last.fm’s data is by Ohio rockers Relient K. Before New Year’s Eve 2011 the song had made it past 57,000 plays making it the most popular among the hundreds of versions in Last.fm’s catalogue.
Even that’s a tiny amount though. It seems to prove that some songs just sound a bit better when you’re all holding hands and mumbling along to the verses.
Whoever you ring in the New Year with, have a good one. Happy New Year from all at Last.fm.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Lorde Was Taylor Swift’s Manager For One Night, And One Night Only
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- Rihanna Teases New Album with 15-Second Snippet
- Prince Decides He Doesn’t Want an Internet Presence Anymore
- Joni Mitchell Nixed Biopic Because of Taylor Swift’s Involvement
- This Week On FM Magazine: Hungerthon 2014
- First Times: Nick Jonas
- Meet One Direction’s New Member Ray
- Rihanna’s New ‘Rogue’ Fragrance Meant to Smell Like Falling in Love
- Aretha Franklin Says Unauthorized ‘Respect’ Biography is ‘Full of Lies’
- Pharrell to Star in Fairytale Chanel Campaign, Drops Original Single with Cara Delevigne
- Ariana Grande’s Sexy Act is ‘Ridiculous,’ According to Bette Midler
- Bono and Robin Thicke Among the Least Influential People of 2014, Says GQ
- Paramore Debut Hayley Williams/Joy Williams Duet ‘Hate to See Your Heart Break': Watch