Last.fm Trends Remembers An Auld Acquaintance
It’s one of the best-known songs ever written, and is performed by millions of people around the world every year, but “Auld Lang Syne” remains one of the least scrobbled songs of the festive season.
Last.fm Trends looks at some of its star performers.
Mariah Carey is perhaps best-known for her takes on Christmas classics, and last year dropped “Auld Lang Syne” as a single. But despite the millions of pays she’s had for hits past the song still hasn’t seen more than 40,000 plays from her fans on Last.fm.
Even Barenaked Ladies do a little better. The song was slipped onto their album Barenaked for the Holidays, and has tip-toed past 42,000 in the last few days.
But the most-played version according to Last.fm’s data is by Ohio rockers Relient K. Before New Year’s Eve 2011 the song had made it past 57,000 plays making it the most popular among the hundreds of versions in Last.fm’s catalogue.
Even that’s a tiny amount though. It seems to prove that some songs just sound a bit better when you’re all holding hands and mumbling along to the verses.
Whoever you ring in the New Year with, have a good one. Happy New Year from all at Last.fm.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell’s Hat Will Never Die, Thanks to Marlon Wayans Doing ‘Happy’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle': Watch
- Don’t Call Taylor Swift Your ‘Mom,’ Guys
- U2 Tour Manager Dennis Sheehan Found Dead in Los Angeles Hotel Room
- Cher Heads Up Marc Jacobs’ Fall 2015 Campaign: See Her Look
- The Weeknd’s New Music Video for ‘The Hills’ Starts Off with a Bang: Watch
- See Jennifer Lopez’s New Look… Before She Got Confetti Bombed
- Stream Jason Derulo’s New Album ‘Everything Is 4′
- Amy Schumer Tries To Defend Bill Cosby in the Court of Public Opinion: Watch
- ‘iZombie’ Recap Episode 11: Is This the Real Life?
- Jack White Is Not Retiring From Music & Other Lies Set Straight By Third Man Records
- Paul McCartney Turned Down a Role on ‘Friends’
- ‘American Idol’ Season 14 Winner Nick Fradiani In Studio
- Taylor Swift & Beyonce Are Among Forbes’ 100 Most Powerful Women
- Adam Lambert’s ‘Ghost Town’ Remixes: Ranked
- Liam Payne Continues Love for Oasis By Covering ‘Wonderwall’ in Mexico: Watch