Last.fm Trends Remembers An Auld Acquaintance
It’s one of the best-known songs ever written, and is performed by millions of people around the world every year, but “Auld Lang Syne” remains one of the least scrobbled songs of the festive season.
Last.fm Trends looks at some of its star performers.
Mariah Carey is perhaps best-known for her takes on Christmas classics, and last year dropped “Auld Lang Syne” as a single. But despite the millions of pays she’s had for hits past the song still hasn’t seen more than 40,000 plays from her fans on Last.fm.
Even Barenaked Ladies do a little better. The song was slipped onto their album Barenaked for the Holidays, and has tip-toed past 42,000 in the last few days.
But the most-played version according to Last.fm’s data is by Ohio rockers Relient K. Before New Year’s Eve 2011 the song had made it past 57,000 plays making it the most popular among the hundreds of versions in Last.fm’s catalogue.
Even that’s a tiny amount though. It seems to prove that some songs just sound a bit better when you’re all holding hands and mumbling along to the verses.
Whoever you ring in the New Year with, have a good one. Happy New Year from all at Last.fm.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Jennifer Lopez’s Drops New Single, ‘I Luh Ya Papi’ Featuring French Montana
- Photos: Charlotte Church Gets Weird, Goes All Sci-Fi In London
- New Study Finds That Some People Are Incapable of Enjoying Music
- Adam Lambert Will Join Queen On Upcoming North American Tour
- Lady Gaga to Headline Intimate Show at SXSW
- Taylor Swift: Inside the ACM Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Kim’s College: After Earth, Lamar Odom & Psycho
- Dancing with the Stars, Who Robbed the Kardashians? & LiLo Is Getting Married (On TV): It’s the Hollywood Hotsheet!
- Mila Kunis To Guest Star On ‘Two and a Half Men’
- Watch Prince Premiere New Song ‘FUNKNROLL’ on Arsenio
- Justin Bieber May Get Exposure Where the Sun Don’t Shine
- Frequently Asked Questions: Wes Anderson’s Movie Soundtracks
- A New Study Shows Which Words in Music Have Stood the Test of Time
- Katy Perry Became a Weather Girl For a Day Down Under
- Interview: How Did Billy Ray Cyrus Wind Up Recording with Dionne Warwick?