It’s one of the best-known songs ever written, and is performed by millions of people around the world every year, but “Auld Lang Syne” remains one of the least scrobbled songs of the festive season.
Last.fm Trends looks at some of its star performers.
Mariah Carey is perhaps best-known for her takes on Christmas classics, and last year dropped “Auld Lang Syne” as a single. But despite the millions of pays she’s had for hits past the song still hasn’t seen more than 40,000 plays from her fans on Last.fm.
Even Barenaked Ladies do a little better. The song was slipped onto their album Barenaked for the Holidays, and has tip-toed past 42,000 in the last few days.
But the most-played version according to Last.fm’s data is by Ohio rockers Relient K. Before New Year’s Eve 2011 the song had made it past 57,000 plays making it the most popular among the hundreds of versions in Last.fm’s catalogue.
Even that’s a tiny amount though. It seems to prove that some songs just sound a bit better when you’re all holding hands and mumbling along to the verses.
Whoever you ring in the New Year with, have a good one. Happy New Year from all at Last.fm.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- LL Cool J Talks GRAMMYs, Kendrick Lamar and Rock Hall
- Ethan Hawke Plays Chet Baker in ‘Born to Be Blue’ Trailer
- Watch the Trailer for New Cameron Crowe Series ‘Roadies’
- Adele Shares ‘Vogue’ Cover
- Cold War Kids Up Close & Personal
- Win Tickets For Barenaked Ladies at Central Park Summerstage
- ‘Death Cab for Yeezy’ Mashup Album Chills Out Kanye Fans
- Kanye West Responds to Alleged Taylor Swift Diss
- Taylor Swift’s Brother Throws Kanye Sneakers in the Trash
- Did Kanye West Make Taylor Swift ‘Famous’?
- Win Blue Mountain Lift Tickets
- Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, More Announced as GRAMMY Presenters
- Win Tickets To See Walk The Moon
- Listen to Gwen Stefani’s New Single ‘Make Me Like You’
- Kanye West’s MSG Event Redefines Record Release Shows and Fashion Shows