It’s one of the best-known songs ever written, and is performed by millions of people around the world every year, but “Auld Lang Syne” remains one of the least scrobbled songs of the festive season.
Last.fm Trends looks at some of its star performers.
Mariah Carey is perhaps best-known for her takes on Christmas classics, and last year dropped “Auld Lang Syne” as a single. But despite the millions of pays she’s had for hits past the song still hasn’t seen more than 40,000 plays from her fans on Last.fm.
Even Barenaked Ladies do a little better. The song was slipped onto their album Barenaked for the Holidays, and has tip-toed past 42,000 in the last few days.
But the most-played version according to Last.fm’s data is by Ohio rockers Relient K. Before New Year’s Eve 2011 the song had made it past 57,000 plays making it the most popular among the hundreds of versions in Last.fm’s catalogue.
Even that’s a tiny amount though. It seems to prove that some songs just sound a bit better when you’re all holding hands and mumbling along to the verses.
Whoever you ring in the New Year with, have a good one. Happy New Year from all at Last.fm.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- See a Photo of Harry Styles from the set of ‘Dunkirk’
- Ingrid Michaelson on Using Sign Language in Her ‘Hell No’ Video
- Florida Georgia Line Address Alleged Police Incident
- Alessia Cara Covers U2’s ‘One’
- This Week On FM Magazine: Operation Backpack 2016
- Ozzy Osbourne Says His Marriage is Back on Track
- Pitbull Releases ‘Greenlight’ Featuring Flo Rida & LunchMoney Lewis
- Watch a Group of 80 Year Olds ‘Shake It Off’ to Taylor Swift
- Rihanna to Play Pivotal Role in ‘Bates Motel’
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 7 Amazing Moments From Fresh in the Park
- Selena Gomez Shares Emotional Message after Difficult Show
- INXS’ Frontman Michael Hutchence Documentary in the Works
- Ariana Grande Debuts Bangin’ New Hairstyle
- Kim Kardashian, Calvin Harris Celebrate J-Lo’s Birthday Together
- Distracted Fan Plays Pokémon Go at Beyoncé Concert