It’s one of the best-known songs ever written, and is performed by millions of people around the world every year, but “Auld Lang Syne” remains one of the least scrobbled songs of the festive season.
Last.fm Trends looks at some of its star performers.
Mariah Carey is perhaps best-known for her takes on Christmas classics, and last year dropped “Auld Lang Syne” as a single. But despite the millions of pays she’s had for hits past the song still hasn’t seen more than 40,000 plays from her fans on Last.fm.
Even Barenaked Ladies do a little better. The song was slipped onto their album Barenaked for the Holidays, and has tip-toed past 42,000 in the last few days.
But the most-played version according to Last.fm’s data is by Ohio rockers Relient K. Before New Year’s Eve 2011 the song had made it past 57,000 plays making it the most popular among the hundreds of versions in Last.fm’s catalogue.
Even that’s a tiny amount though. It seems to prove that some songs just sound a bit better when you’re all holding hands and mumbling along to the verses.
Whoever you ring in the New Year with, have a good one. Happy New Year from all at Last.fm.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Daya Announces Headlining Tour Dates
- Lady Gaga Shares ‘Joanne’ Title Inspiration
- Win Tickets To See NeedToBreathe At The Beacon
- MTV Brings Back ‘TRL’ for One Day to Register Young Voters
- ‘On the Spot’ with Carson and Cane: How Much Does One Pound of Lemons Weigh?
- Could Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie Be the Next Celebrity Couple?
- FM Magazine: Boys & Girls Harbor 2016 Salute to Achievement
- Harry Styles Shares ‘Another Man’ Covers
- Jill Scott, Tyrese to Perform Soul Train Weekend 2016
- Drake Releases Short Film ‘Please Forgive Me’
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’