U2 is the Top Grossing Touring Band in the World for 2011
So you like to download music illegally? Pfft, who cares!?!?
While record companies are taking a 94% cut from record sales, bands are busy making the real money out on the road.
Case in point: U2, who earned more money this year touring than any other artist across the globe.
According to Pollster, U2 grossed $231.9 million for the thirty-four shows they performed worldwide, narrowly beating (is close to $8 million a narrow margin when we talk about this much money?) British boy band Take That, who earned $224 million.
Never heard of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Take That[/lastfm]? Neither have I… it’s cool.
The Americans finally make it into the Top Ten at number three with Bon Jovi. The band grossed $148.8 million in 2011, which isn’t bad, considering their lead singer is dead.
Anywho, check out Pollster’s complete list:
- 231.9 U2
- 224.0 Take That
- 148.8 Bon Jovi
- 104.2 Taylor Swift
- 103.6 Roger Waters
- 102.7 Elton John
- 90.0 Rihanna
- 84.6 Kenny Chesney
- 83.3 Sade
- 79.2 Paul McCartney
- 68.7 Britney Spears
- 67.8 Foo Fighters
- 67.6 Justin Bieber
- 63.7 Lady Gaga
- 63.5 André Rieu
- 59.5 Katy Perry
- 59.1 Usher
- 56.2 Kings Of Leon
- 53.5 Iron Maiden
- 53.2 Shakira
- 52.8 Kylie Minogue
- 49.7 Cirque du Soleil – “Alegria”
- 48.3 Kanye West / Jay-Z
- 45.9 Journey
- 45.6 Red Hot Chili Peppers
Typically buskers hustle on the streets to make a buck and earn a living, but with guys like Bono, who make millions touring, they find time to do it for charity.
Latest from Fresh1027.com >
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video