The Flaming Lips will be performing with Yoko Ono’s Plastic Ono Band on New Year’s Eve in their hometown Oklahoma City, which may be the reason why they decided to cover the acid induced, Lennon penned Beatles‘ track “I Am the Walrus.”
Curious to how it sounds? Make the JUMP to find out!
The Flaming Lips take a pretty interesting approach to their cover of “I Am the Walrus,” going heavy on the bass and refraining from the use of any guitar. But as UltimateClassicRock.com reports, that is just typically what the Flaming Lips do.
They once recorded a six hour-long song conveniently titled “6 Hour Song (Found a Star on the Ground)”.
Take a listen and judge for yourself!
This isn’t the first time the Flaming Lips have creatively covered a Beatles’ song. During the the MTV O Music Awards in Los Angeles in November they performed “Revolution” using only iPads.
More from Fresh1027.com >
- Win Passes To “The Boss Baby” & A Trip On AMTRAK
- Nicki Minaj, Zendaya Weigh in on Bill O’Reilly’s Controversial Maxine Waters Comments
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 5 Powerhouse Female Musicians Making Their Mark
- Katy Perry Pays Tribute to Fan Who Died in Car Accident
- #SoOldSchool: What’s An Old Word That You Think People Should Stop Using?