This picture could very well replace the historical picture of the sailor and the nurse kissing in the street when they announced the end of World War II. Gays serving openly in the military has been a long time coming…
Check out the first openly gay military “First Kiss” as a lesbian sailor disembarks a ship that was at sea for eighty days.
Petty Officer 2nd Class Marissa Gaeta of Placerville, California, descended from the USS Oak Hill and shared a quick kiss in the rain with her partner, Petty Officer 3rd Class Citlalic Snell of Los Angeles.
“It’s something new, that’s for sure,” Gaeta told reporters after the kiss. “It’s nice to be able to be myself. It’s been a long time coming.”
There’s a ton of historical significance of the “first kiss,’ when a Navy ship pulls into its home port following a deployment and holds a raffle for its sailors to be the first to lay a smooch on their partner… and this is the first time a same sex couple has won the honor!
What do you think…. Is a nationwide legalization of gay marriage on its way? Sound off in the comments section below!
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly