What Goes With Sliders, Red Or White Wine? White Castle Testing Alcohol Sales…
The White Castle burger chain is tossing around the idea of selling alcoholic beverages at its restaurants.
You know, they’ve been around for 90 years. I’m surprised this is the first time they’re thinking of this…
The company is now testing beer and wine sales at a location in Lafayette, Indiana (ROAD TRIP!?), that combines a traditional White Castle with a Blaze Modern BBQ, a new restaurant also being tried out.
Lafayette customers can get fancy with a glass wine for $4.50 or a domestic beer for $3. In other cities, White Castle is testing an Asian food concept (Crave case of egg rolls, please!) and a grilled sandwiches restaurant.
White Castle spokesman Jamie Richardson, who obviously doesn’t understand who his clientele is, told The Columbus Dispatch that feedback from consumers has been better than expected… but the company hasn’t decided yet whether to expand alcohol sales or the new concepts nationwide.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia