What Goes With Sliders, Red Or White Wine? White Castle Testing Alcohol Sales…
The White Castle burger chain is tossing around the idea of selling alcoholic beverages at its restaurants.
You know, they’ve been around for 90 years. I’m surprised this is the first time they’re thinking of this…
The company is now testing beer and wine sales at a location in Lafayette, Indiana (ROAD TRIP!?), that combines a traditional White Castle with a Blaze Modern BBQ, a new restaurant also being tried out.
Lafayette customers can get fancy with a glass wine for $4.50 or a domestic beer for $3. In other cities, White Castle is testing an Asian food concept (Crave case of egg rolls, please!) and a grilled sandwiches restaurant.
White Castle spokesman Jamie Richardson, who obviously doesn’t understand who his clientele is, told The Columbus Dispatch that feedback from consumers has been better than expected… but the company hasn’t decided yet whether to expand alcohol sales or the new concepts nationwide.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Hozier Soundtracks LeBron James’ Return to Akron: Watch
- Interview: Gavin Rossdale on Bush, Gwen & Being Young and Dumb
- Taylor Swift Announces New Song ‘Welcome to New York': Listen to a Preview
- Coldplay to Release Live Album, DVD Called ‘Ghost Stories Live 2014′ This November
- Gwen Stefani Just Wants a Little Honesty on New Track, ‘Baby Don’t Lie': Listen