You listen to Karen every day, but what do you really know about her?
What were her childhood dreams? How does she stay in such great shape? Whats that stuff floating in her wine?
Check out 15 things you never knew about Fresh 102.7’s Karen right here!
1. Growing up I couldn’t decide between being a Pharmacist (like my Dad) or a Rockette! I was all over the place, which is probably why I ended up being a DJ 😉
2. There is NOTHING better than an empty beach in the Winter… A storm coming? Even better. It’s one of my favorite places on earth!
3. I am a VERY LOUD Wrestling mom. I will lay on the mat right next to my boy wrestling and scream my head off. I am embarrass my son AND his dad who is his coach. Look at the intimidating look for his opponent! LOL
4. I am a very Quiet Dance mom, I just smile. I’m so nervous for them I can barely breathe, but they always nail it!
5. I used to live in Hawaii. I lived in Waikiki and worked at a rock station in Honolulu. Where I learned much of the Hawaiian language
And their 12 letter alphabet. I often had to say things like “The Kalanianeole Highway and the Humu’humu’nuku’nuku’apua’a. on the radio…I kid you not! But this Jersey Girl got it DOWN!
I got to do cool things like give wave reports for Pipeline on the North Shore, host Surf competitions and fly to the other Hawaiian Islands on Weekends.
6. I can sleep just about ANYWHERE and at ANYTIME. Working crazy hours in radio, I’ve trained myself to sleep when I have to.
Best sleeping conditions? A dark room with a fan on high and the AC Blasting. I call it “lockdown” I live for Lockdown!
7. I’ve completed TWO Triathlons in the last couple of years.
Not very gracefully mind you, but I swam 400 meters, biked 11 and then ran a 5k… TWICE in two weeks (I was into it! lol)
This is my little sister Jen, in the photo above, who talked me into the triathlon. She does them all the time. Notice my visor and glasses all twisted. I was a mess!
The second pic is my friend Abby and I at the beer tent later, feeling much better 😉
8. I Can’t help it! I picked up the first book and that was it!!! SO GOOD! So yes, I’m a TWILIGHT MOM, go ahead make fun, but before you do, read the first book and see if you don’t become one! I dare you… Go TEAM EDWARD!
9. I make a mean homemade Red Wine Sangria. 😉
10. I am ADDICTED to the Hardest and BEST workout: Latin Step Class led by my trainer Carlos. He makes it up as he goes along and it’s such a challenge to remember the choreography. I am dying by the end of class and I love it!
11. I gave up red meat for 7 years once. But I then I realized… I love steak!
12. I am the oldest of 5. I have two younger brothers and two younger sisters, most of them got into law enforcement. I might be the only one in the family who doesn’t carry!
13. I like to RUN in solitude, but If I work out with others I prefer a good Kick box or weight class…If I’m in public..I WILL NEVER bail and leave class early. It forces me to get a full 60 minutes of cardio!
14. Yes…I lick the batter!!! You’re not normal if you don’t!!!!
15. I am terrified of Rice Pudding.