What’s Fresh Around Town for This Weekend: Fireworks, Hot Dogs and a Subway Series!
July 1, 2011 10:37 AM
It’s a 3 day weekend and we’ve got more than enough to keep you busy! Check out our full list of What’s Fresh Around Town for today through Monday!
- Look for Coney Island fireworks tonight along the boardwalk! That’s happening between 10th and 11th streets at 9:30 p.m.
- If you’re in the mood for a classic flick, there are midnight screenings of “Jaws” at the IFC Center all weekend long.
- On Saturday, the 2011 Women’s World Cup airs at the Paley Center for Media. That day, it will be the US playing Columbia at 11:30!
- St. Mary’s Park in the Bronx is holding a free screening of E.T. The Extra Terrestrial on Saturday at 8:15pm.
- On Monday, “Easy Rider’ screens for free outdoors at sunset as part of the 2011 HBO Bryant Park Summer Film Festival.
- Also on Monday, Nathan’s Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest is at Coney Island.
- The 35th annual Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks will be launched on the Hudson River again this year. More than 40,000 fireworks will be fired from six barges positioned from 20th to 55th streets. That’s at 9pm!
- Also in Sports, there is a subway series this entire weekend at Citi Field!
And remember to check out Fresh1027.com every single weekday for What’s Fresh Around Town!