According to mixologist Adam Seger claims the margarita is the “cocktail world’s aphrodisiac.” We wish we could say he was lying, but we’ve experienced the power of the margarita ourselves. Seger’s cocktail emphasizes this aphrodisiac quality with ingredients like passion fruit and pomegranate.
Oh, and tequila. We are sure that has a little to do with the post-margarita love making.
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 1 lime wedge
- 8 ounces blanco tequila
- 5 ounces passion fruit puree or nectar
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 2 ounces fresh blood orange juice
- 2 ounces Simple Syrup
- 4 cups ice
1. MAKE THE PEPPER SALT Combine the salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. MAKE THE COCKTAIL Moisten half of the outer rim of 6 chilled coupes or martini glasses with the lime wedge and coat lightly with the peppery salt. In a blender, combine the tequila, passion fruit puree, lime juice, pomegranate juice, blood orange juice, Simple Syrup and ice and blend until smooth. Pour the margarita into the glasses.