Gilbert Gottfried has been fired from his job with Aflac! Find out the details in today’s Tabloid Trash!
It seems Gilbert was let go as the voice of the Aflac duck because of some off color Tweets that he sent out during the Japanese earthquake and tsunami.
Tweets like these:
– I was talking to my Japanese real estate agent. I said “is there a school in this area.” She said “not now, but just wait.”
– Japan is really advanced. They don’t go to the beach. The beach comes to them.
– What do the japanese have in common with @howardstern? They’re both radio active.
– Japan had put out this urgent plea….” PLEASE SEND US A FEW BIlLION RUBBER DUCKIES!!!!!”
– Japan called me. They said “maybe those jokes are a hit in the US, but over here, they’re all sinking.”
– What does every Japanese person have in their apartment? Flood lights.
– My Japanese doctor advised me to stay healthy I need 50 million gallons of water a day.
– I just split up with my girlfriend, but like the Japanese say, “They’ll be another one floating by any minute now.”
Oh by the way… Aflac gets about three quarters of their revenue from… wait for it… JAPAN!
Of course, the offending tweets have been removed from his account and he has apologized.
Silly Gilbert, jokes are supposed to be funny!