Apparently, the website Deadline Hollywood has been banned from covering the Oscars, after they leaked some supposed secrets about the Oscar broadcast. However, Deadline Hollywood insists many of the secrets were published after the Academy encouraged them to. It’s hard to say what’s true in this whole mess, but we’ve got some of the rumored spoiler alerts for you right here.
The script says a major highlight of the show will be a “surprise” appearance by former Oscars host Billy Crystal, who’ll deliver a host-style monologue.
According to Deadline, the show begins when James Franco and Anne Hathaway perform a comedic filmed piece where they appear in scenes from the year’s 10 Best Picture nominees.
- Tom Hanks is the first presenter, handing out the Best Art Direction and Best Cinematography Oscars, followed by Kirk Douglas presenting Best Supporting Actress.
- Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis present the Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Film Oscars, then Javier Bardem and Josh Brolin award the Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Original Screenplay Oscars.
- Franco and Hathaway appear in what’s described as a “performance comedy” with a wardrobe change of gowns and tuxedos.
- Russell Brand and Helen Mirren present the Best Foreign Language Film Oscar, then comes Reese Witherspoon to hand out the Supporting Actor Oscar.
- Academy President Tom Sherak next comes out onto the Kodak Theatre stage to talk.
- Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman come out to perform past film score medley with the orchestra, then hand out the Best Original Score Oscar.
See the rest of the script on Deadline Hollywood.