The Harlem Globetrotters have come home to the Garden for the weekend! Check out what else is on our list of What’s Fresh Around Town!
1. The 2011 Harlem Globetrotters bring their “4 Times the Fun” tour to Madison Square Garden tonight and tomorrow night! Every game will now feature 2 designated 4-point shooting spots on each side of midcourt, each located 35 feet from the basket and 12 feet beyond the NBA’s official 3-point line. That’s at 7 p.m.
2. Midnight screenings of classic films for the long weekend: you’ve got Jurassic Park at the Sunshine Cinemas as well as Fight Club and Jaws at the IFC Center in the village.
3. Tomorrow is the New York Sword Dance Festival at the Museum of the City of New York. The 26th annual festival brings an ancient winter celebration to life, with fast-paced rapper sword and mysterious long sword dancing. That’s at 1 p.m.
4. This weekend is also the Coffee & Tea Festival! The 6th Annual Festival includes such topics as Home Roasting 101 and make sure you don’t’ miss the Ultimate Barista Challenge! It’s happening at 7 west 34th street.
5. And in sports, the Devils are playing the Rangers tonight at the Prudential Center; you’ve got St. John’s College Hoops at the Garden tomorrow at noon. And on Sunday, the Rangers are playing the Philadelphia Flyers at the Garden at 4 p.m.
And remember to check out fresh1027.com every single weekday for What’s Fresh Around Town!