Flashback to Tom Cruise before he was crazy with the classic 1986 flick Top Gun! And where better to see it than on the flight deck of the Intrepid! Check it out on our list of What’s Fresh Around Town!
1. Here’s something great for Fleet Week: “Top Gun” screens for free at sunset this evening on the flight deck of the Intrepid!
2. Tomorrow, Luna Park and the Coney Island History Project open for the season!
3. Tomorrow is also the Great Hudson River Swim. Start the holiday weekend with NYC Swim’s season opener, a beginner-friendly 1.3-mile swim down the Hudson from Christopher Street Pier in the West Village to Battery Park City. That starts at noon!
4. Also tomorrow, Fleet Week events on the Intrepid include tug of war competitions and a performance by the cast of “Wicked” starting at noon.
5. And of course we can’t forget the Blue Angels and the Golden Knights will star in the Jones Beach Air Show on Saturday and Sunday.
6. And in sports, the Yankees have a home game against the Indians all weekend long!
And remember to check us out every day at 9:30 to find out What’s Fresh Around Town.