It’s Tax Day and there’s tons to do in New York City! Check out our list with What’s Fresh Around Town!
1. The French Connection Women’s & Men’s Sample Sale is happening today! This sale is a great opportunity to find the latest men’s and women’s styles at 50 – 70% off retail. It’s happening at the Chelsea Market on 9th avenue every day until Sunday starting at 10am.
2. Look for free performances by the casts of 2 big Broadway shows today in celebration of Real Simple Magazine’s 10th Anniversary: Million Dollar Quartet is happening at noon, and “Mamma Mia” at 6 p.m- both at Grand Central.
3. Cinnabon and Starbucks are making tax day a little easier for you: both are running specials for today only! Cinnabon is offering customers at participating bakeries two free bite sized cupcakes from 6pm to 8pm! And Starbucks announced it is offering a free cup of coffee to anyone who brings in a reusable travel mug, in order to get more people to switch from the traditional paper cup to a more eco-friendly, reusable mug.
4. In the continuing effort to help bring a NASA Space Shuttle to NYC, The Intrepid, Sea, Air & Space Museum is inviting New Yorkers to show their passion for space exploration. You’re encouraged to dress up as your favorite space themed character (Astronauts, Martians, Jedi, Klingons, and more) and ride The “S” train shuttle from Grand Central Terminal to Times Square. That’s happening in just a little bit at 10am!
5. And in sports, the Yankees have their last home game against the Angels tonight at 7:05.
And remember to check us out every day at 9:30 to find out what’s Fresh around town.